Recommended Filters to saturate image

Hello,

I'm shooting a feature where the director wants a bright and colorful look. The locations and production design will go a long way in helping this but wondering if their is anything in camera I can do to bring out this saturated look, specifically filters. Would simply using polarizers do the job or is their something else you’d reccomend . 
Shooting on a Sony Venice

Thank you for any and all suggestions!

• Premium Member

Polarizers help reduce glare off of reflective surfaces which can improve saturation so sure, try that. The only other filter that increases saturation are color enhancers but those mainly work on warm tones; they make fall leaves look more intense but they can also make faces look a bit plum-colored now and then so be careful. The truth is that increasing color saturation is fairly easy with digital.

14 minutes ago, David Mullen ASC said:

Polarizers help reduce glare off of reflective surfaces which can improve saturation so sure, try that. The only other filter that increases saturation are color enhancers but those mainly work on warm tones; they make fall leaves look more intense but they can also make faces look a bit plum-colored now and then so be careful. The truth is that increasing color saturation is fairly easy with digital.

Thank you David. I think I'll  go the polarizer route and saturate in post. A little nervous about baking in something to aggressive anyway.

As always, appreciate your expertise!

Michael