I'm going to Sundance!

Justin Hayward

Wow, congrats! Me and a buddy of mine are actually thinking about going. We don't have any films of course, but we would just like to go and scope everything out, meet people, and hopefully submit a film not next year, but the following year. Good luck to both of ya!

Thanks guys. I'm pretty exited. My friend was kind enough to put up a website for the film.

http://vacdoomedproductions.com/divorcelemonade/

Justin

Holy cow! Just watched the trailer and read your bio. Guess where I'm currently sitting - in a computer lab down in Carbondale, Illinois. I'm actually enrolled in the cinema and photography department down here. I saw you had also left to go to Chicago and worked on a film up there. Is that from the internships offered? They had a meeting recently about interning in Hollywood, but it's $7000, so I'm going to wait until my senior year. Oh, by the way, nice trailer.

• Premium Member
Is that from the internships offered?

I got on it through a friend who got on it through an internship at panavision (before they closed here) that the school offered. So, kinda I guess.

An internship in LA is probably a good thing, but I don't think it's too hard to find paid work as a PA in Chicago. DP work? A little tougher.

Justin

• Premium Member

Congratulations guys. Great work.

Justin, really enjoyed the web site and trailer. Chicago is a great city for independent film. Hundreds of talented, hungry actors, great crews, fairly easy access to equipment. I miss it terribly.

Best of luck to both of you at Sundance.

-Tim Carroll

Thanks guys. I'm actually in Dallas right now shooting Tiger for Buick but when I get back I'll proivde more details about the film.

I'm going to be at Sundance for the whole time. I'm looking forward to it. I've been there with 3 shorts but never a feature. I think it's going to be a whole different experience for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations to you both !!

I´m going to Sundance with my documantary KZ

http://www.kzthefilm.com/

I´m looking foreward to see you guys there.

greetings from Vienna, Europe

Bobo

-------------------------------------------------

Alexander (Bobo) Boboschewski - aac, soa

Lightning Cameraman, Steadicam Operator/Owner, Crane Operator/Owner

Vienna - Austria

www.bobo.at

As I said before, I would post some info about my Sundance film when it became available. The selection of our film is made more impressive by the fact that there are no "name" actors in it. In fact this film was the first time most of the actors had been in front of a camera. 

If you or anyone you know are planning on attending the festival, I'd love to see you at one of our screenings. Below is a link to our film's page and screening schedule on the Sundance website.

http://festival.sundance.org/filmguide/popup.aspx?film=6578

Additionally, I have also been invited to speak on two panels at the festival. The first is:

PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY NOW

FRIDAY JANUARY 20, 11:00 a.m.

Digital Forum - Shorts Theater

Sundance Film Center, Main Street Mall

The second will be a panel for the film itself on Wednesday, time TBD.

One more film worth mentioning is a film called Thank You for Smoking, screening a few times throughout the festival. The film is directed by my good friend and frequent collaborator Jason Reitman and co-produced by my other close friend Dan Dubiecki. 

Anyone who might want to get together at the festival should email me so we can exchange contact info.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

Im going to Sundance too. First time. Im a english DoP who got the chance to shoot in LA last June with a close friend, Tim Cahill.

Ive a film, The Oates Valor in Sundance and Zekuu in Slamdance.

If you get a chance anyone id love to know what you think. Examples of my work are on my website www.davidrom.com

Look forward to meeting some of you out there!

David

www.davidrom.com

• Premium Member

Justin,

CONGRATULATIONS! Will you please give me a pitch on "Divorce Lemonade",whats the

story? Can you do me a favor? If you bump in to Mr. Redford please tell him for me that

he needs to do a re-make of "Havana" with Mr. Pollock. A sequel where he goes back to

cuba to see Lena Olin. Just kidding but its one of my most loved films. Mr. Owen Roizman

ASC was the DP.

Greg Gross