avilable light

i shot in kodak vision 1 and vision 2 stocks both in indoor n out door. Now i want to experiment in indoor with avilable lights.which is the best stock?for example i want to shoot in college class room . which is the best one.either i convert the colour temperature with 85filters in tungsten stocks or go with day light stoks.guide me.

If your main source is daylight and you're shooting Daylight film, then you need an 85 filter. If you have tungsten sources in the shot ( a lamp, whatever ), the color temperature will be very warm (orange). I'm not exactly sure what you're asking, but if you just want to shoot tests, then shoot tests. Figure out how things look in different natural light situations, and then decide how you can accent that with lights that you bring in.

Dear chezhiyan,

i think you better go with Fuji Daylight stocks with a higher ASA more than 500ASA stocks .. it will give you better Colours and gives you Bright and Hi-contrast images and also it needs less color correction and vast filter support if you want..

Are you shooting 16mm or 35mm? I usually don?t go faster the 200 ASA when shooting 16mm. I like shooting available light if you can. Nestor Almendros talks about it quite a lot in his book ?Man with a Camera?. The real dangers of using available light are that it changes during the day or goes away because of weather changes. If you have a scene that can be shot pretty quickly it?s not a bad way to go.