M. David Mullen

Chris Cooke

• Premium Member

I just read my eNewsletter from American Cinematographer magazine and saw that David Mullen is doing the Q & A in ASC Close-Up in March. I hope that David continues to get more recognition and hopefully soon we'll see one of his films hilighted in the magazine. I feel that he is contributing to the evolution of cinematography (which is the ASC's mandate) more than most other ASC members specifically because of this forum.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree. I read his diary of the Astronaut Farmer yesterday and it was more informative and interesting that almost all of the cinematography books I have read. Thanks David.

where did you read that diary?

has david written any other books about cinematography?

thanks.

goro

• Premium Member
where did you read that diary?

has david written any other books about cinematography?

thanks.

goro

You can read every week of production from the Astronaut Farmer at the In Production forum. http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...hp?showforum=56

He also co-wrote that book you see on the right hand side of your screen called cinematography by Kris Malkiewicz and M. David Mullen.

David,

First of all, like many here, I love your cinematography (especially "Northfork," my favorite of your works) and although I don't post very much, I read this forum almost everyday, and I particularly enjoy your extremely insightful comments and passion for the craft.

Meanwhile, I was wondering if you've heard anything about a release for "The Quiet," which you shot a while back. From what I know, the completed version was shown at the Toronto Film Festival with mixed reviews, and it hasn't been shown since (unless I just haven't been able to find information on subsequent screenings). What was the last you heard on its status? Do you have any examples of your work on that film?

Best,

Dylan

• Premium Member

My hat is off to Mr. Mullen. I just know he's going to hit a ball out of the park!

I'm waiting to go to the Regal Cinema and see David Mullen ASC on the credits

of a major motion picture. Integrity,craft,art,vision,creativity,knowledge of the

art of cinematography. North Fork is one of the most beautifully photographed

films I have ever seen.

Greg Gross

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i agree,david has been the first to anwser a few of my questions in cases were most people would probably roll their eyes and read on(some of my questions have been pretty naive) but yeah seems like a great guy and very knowledgable and nice enough to share his knowledge.id like to see some of his work what does anyone reccomend?