Kinoptic lenses

Dan Goulder

Does anyone know which films have been made with Kinoptic 35mm prime lenses?

Thanks.

---The main titles of "Rules of the Game' say it used Kinoptik lenses.

Since they were standard issue with Cameflexes, I will hazard a guess that the handheld scenes in'Who's afraid of Virginia Woolf' were Kinoptik, while the BNC dialogue scenes were Baltars. There is a contrast difference between the two.

---Lv

• Premium Member
I recall the 9.8mm being used on "A Clockwork Orange".

That's correct. I apologize for not being more specific. I'm looking for movies shot with Kinoptic primes in the more "typical" focal lengths, such as 18mm, 25mm, 50mm, etc.

Thank you.

Guest ReadyTeddy

I'm kind of interested as well. I posted a question regarding Kinoptic primes a couple of months ago and didn't get much response.

Kinoptik was imported to the States for years by Karl Heitz in New York. Karl was not plugged into the movie world. He was more into moving still photo gear and as a result, Kinoptik cine primes were under marketed. Heitz died about a year ago and the company shut down, so there is currently no US distributor at all.

They are not very common, at least for US productions.

I've tried to get more information from headquarters in France, but haven't been very successful with them either.

Anyone here speak and write French?

Hello there,

I'm also interested in this topic and kinoptik prime lenses. I have contacted Kinoptik many times about Super 16 lenses to get information from them and obtained a reply each time, in french altough. So if you're in need for information, feel free to send me your questions and I'll be glad to translate it in french and to send them it.

Gregory

France :)