An evening with Kevin Smith

I have to admit, Except for Chasing Amy I never really cared for Kevin Smith, but after seeing this documentery (it's old but I saw it for the first time last night) I gotta tell you this guy is great. Did anyone else see this thing?

I saw this awhile back. I thought it was pretty entertaining. He's a great verbal storyteller. If only he bring that level of storytelling to his films. (Not a knock on his films, he is just a very good storyteller)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw that film about a year ago on DVD, and yet found myself watching it the other night again on DirectTV over the weekend, listening to the same stories I heard before and being equally intrigued. The guy really is quite a presence.

In reference to his films, I think he's pretty underappreciated. I mean he is sort of hit and miss, but I think Jersey Girl warranted much more praise then it got (not every touchy feely romantic comedy has a kid who wants to perform a murder scene from Sweeney Todd!), Chasing Amy's got a great heart despite its overt vulgarity, and Dogma had a really creative way of communicating a message that we don't hear often enough about Catholicism. Can we give this guy his due?