Zeiss Mutar extender for Arriflex lenses

Gregory PAUL

Hello,

I saw over the web a Zeiss Mutar doubler with Arri bayonet mount. I was wondering if it was usable and if that doubler is well made so that we could expect a good picture quality using it.

Also, I was wondering, How many stop do we loss using it ?

And finally I saw many time a text written on the bayonet mount saying: "For the SR only". Is it forbidden to use such a doubler on another camera ?? Will my aaton blow up if I use that extender on it ;) (with an Arri to Aaton adapter of course)

Any advice is welcome !

Thanks

Gregory

A lens doubler eats two stops of light. This optic is a bit long in the tooth, and it doesn't look so great projected if you use wide apertures. Best for exterior nature stuff. The "SR Only" warning is to keep people from putting it on Arri S cameras and having it hit the mirror shutter. Your Aaton will be fine.

Hello Mitch,

Thanks for your reply. Mhm, Two stops... This small thing seems to be light greedy !

Thanks again.

Gregory

A lens doubler eats two stops of light. This optic is a bit long in the tooth, and it doesn't look so great projected if you use wide apertures. Best for exterior nature stuff. The "SR Only" warning is to keep people from putting it on Arri S cameras and having it hit the mirror shutter. Your Aaton will be fine.