1ST GRIPE AGAINST THIS FORUM

K Borowski

Hey Mr. Tyler! I'm glad you decided that smaller format film is worth having its own forum. I very much appreciate the efforts of those on this forum who voiced their opinions and made this all possible. My only problem with this is that you neglect the other 8mm formats besides S8. These include: DR8, Single 8, DS8, & R8. Wouldn't "8mm Only" be a more appropriate name for this forum? Am I not allowed to post about these other formats here?

Regards,

~Karl Borowski

• Premium Member

I think the name Super-8 is fine for the forum name. Perhaps the description for the forum should be "All 8mm format discussions are welcome".

"Super-8 only" means does not mean it's excluding the other 8mm film formats, but that you would not post about 16m or 35mm or video on this forum.

• Premium Member

I think Super-8 is fine. Everyone here knows that an regular 8 question would fit in this forum just a like a super 8 question would. We're not trying to wrangle ignorant children here, but its a forum for people who work with this type of thing constantly.

Besides, I think Super-8 is popular enough to have the forum named after it, whereas those other formats are kind a little less used.

I think you need to try to stop sweating the small stuff. Your argument is basically semantics anyway.