Help finding film stock...

Can anyone tell me where to find the B&W negitive Super 8 film stock from KAHL? I've been to their website but the catalogue is in german. Plus the shipping fee would give me this face: :blink:

If anyone knows of a place in the states or canada I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks for your time-Jonnie :P

Can anyone tell me where to find the B&W negitive Super 8 film stock from KAHL? I've been to their website but the catalogue is in german. Plus the shipping fee would give me this face: :blink:

If anyone knows of a place in the states or canada I'd appreciate it greatly.

Thanks for your time-Jonnie :P

I live in Europe so no idea where you get the Stock in Canada or US. Rumours say it's Orwo from Filmotec that Kahl puts in their cadriges. http://www.filmotec.de/Produkte/produkte.html Filmotec only has it in 16mm and 35mm, all the technical info is on the website but in german I guess...

PlusX-Reversal can be nice in negativ, more grain than in reversal, on filmshooting.com you'll find some infos aubout this...

here some translation:

KAHL NP 21 Super 8 - Negativfilm , Schwarzweiss

Kassette 15 m.

Empfindlichkeit : DIN 21 ISO 100/21°

KAHL NP 21 ist ein sehr feinkörniger Schwarzweiß-Aufnahmefilm für vielseitige Anwendungen. Aufgrund seiner Auflösung und feiner Abstufung in den Grauwerten besonders gut geeignet für die Filmabtastung

KAHL NP 21 Kassetten sind für jede Super 8 Kamera geeignet!

Kostenfreie Entwicklung und Rückversand weltweit

ist mindestens für 1 Jahr ab Kaufdatum gewährleistet.

translation:

Kahl NP 21 is a very fine grained Camerastock for polyvalent use. The Resolution and Grayscale is well suited for scanning.

Kahl NP 21 Cardrigdes can be used in every Super 8 Camera

Processing and Shipping back is for free wolrdwide for at least one year after purchase.

--------

KAHL NP 27 Super 8 - Negativfilm , Schwarzweiss

Kassette 15 m.

Empfindlichkeit : DIN 27 ISO 400/27°

KAHL NP 27 ist ein hochempfindlicher Negativfilm für Aufnahmen unter ungünstigen Lichtverhältnissen. Bevorzugte Einsatzgebiete sind Dokumentarfilme, aktuelle Reportagen etc. Die Anwendung ist auch zu empfehlen, wenn bei Aufnahmen unter normalen Lichtverhältnissen hohe Schärfentiefe gefordert ist

KAHL NP 27 Kassetten sind für jede Super 8 Kamera geeignet!

Kostenfreie Entwicklung und Rückversand weltweit

ist mindestens für 1 Jahr ab Kaufdatum gewährleistet.

translation:

KAHL NP 27 is a high sensitif Negativstock for Shots in lowlightconditions. Good for Dokumentary, Newsreel etc. Also good for wide depth of field in normal lightconditions.

Kahl NP 27 Cardrigdes can be used in every Super 8 Camera.

Processing and shipping back is for free wolrdwide for at least one year after purchase.

cheers, Bernhard

• Premium Member
Thank you very, very much!!! Zehr gute!!! World wide shipping included in the purchasing price is amazing, plus processing! I'll have to call over there and order a couple cartridges.

Again, thank you Mr.Zitz-Jonnie T.

I've found that worldwide shipping through national post offices and their contractors is really quite reasonable. The shippers to watch out for are both UPS and FedEx, they gouge you. I have air shipped things back and forth to the EU via the PO's for about 1/4 to 1/3 of what the US Parcel RipOffs wanted for substantially the same service.

There's something to be said for government subsidy of critical services. If UPS and/or FedEx ran the Internet, this post would cost me $9.98, just like the $9.98 that T-Mobile charges for one days Internet access at Starbucks. I used Starbucks once because I needed to test an Internet stream from a random location - now I know why you never see anyone on the web at Starbucks.

Edmond, OK