Does any body make super8 contact prints

Guest Ronney Ross

Guest Ronney Ross

I dont really have "setup" for filmmaking just odds and ends for Super 8 mainly a projector and camera. I was wondering If I wanted to shoot negative could I have contact prints made and watch on my projector.

thanks,

-Ronney Ross

Yes, but they are all in europe. The widescreencenter in the UK, and there is a place in germany and dutchland to. I would google it but Ill post back in a bit with the sites if I can find them again.

Google search

super 8 contact prints

Guest Ronney Ross
I dont really have "setup" for filmmaking just odds and ends for Super 8 mainly a projector and camera. I was wondering If I wanted to shoot negative could I have contact prints made and watch on my projector.

thanks,

-Ronney Ross

Yeah i tried googling but didnot find anything but if theres is nothing in the states i wont worry about it.

thanks

-Ronney Ross

Yeah i tried googling but didnot find anything but if theres is nothing in the states i wont worry about it.

thanks

-Ronney Ross

Film and Video Services in Minneapolis used to do it, so I would ask if they still run the service.

Otherwise it's Andec in Germany only.

love

Freya

Kodak VISION Color Print Film 3383 is available with Super-8 perfs.

Yes, but the minimum order from Kodak is 79 rolls of 2000' which is 158,000 feet double width which would slit to 316,000 feet in the 8mm width. I wouldn't mind buying 1200' for experiments in making an additive super-8 contact printer, my old one was just subtractive which was a real pain for color printing.

Also the only format they list any more is 1-3 which is fine for continuous reduction printing but no good for making contact prints from single strand super-8 originals as most printers are set up for 1-4, so only one half could be exposed and the other strand thrown away.

The polyester base is great stuff but I fear it would be murder on most little hand-held slitters which were made originally for acetate base.