Short Film Trailer

Due to Film Festival requirements, I'm not able to post the full length film online. In any case, there's a trailer available here:

http://www.timshim.com/downloads/FinalTrailer02.mov

Any feedback would be great. Also, on a side note, does this teaser trailer make you want to watch the full length short film? I'd like to gauge the interest level created by the trailer as well.

• Premium Member
Also, on a side note, does this teaser trailer make you want to watch the full length short film? I'd like to gauge the interest level created by the trailer as well.

Well for me it does, because it reminds me of "Last Life In The Universe" by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang and Chris Doyle. I love that kind of silent "emotional space" that Chris Doyle is so good at capturing.

But I'd like to see just a little more from a trailer, to get more of a suggestion of story (but only a little bit), beyond just the theme.

Nice stuff though, I'd like to see the film.

Can someone explain the whole "I can't show my movie 'cause of film festival requirements" thing? I have my own stuff up on my website, and have whored it out to several places all over the net, and still enter it in fests now and again. So what's the deal? I don't see the point of making a movie I can't share except with whatever festivals deem me worthy be screened. Maybe if it was a feature, but a short? Come on.

Edited by Josh Bass

• Premium Member
Can someone explain the whole "I can't show my movie 'cause of film festival requirements" thing? I have my own stuff up on my website, and have whored it out to several places all over the net, and still enter it in fests now and again. So what's the deal? I don't see the point of making a movie I can't share except with whatever festivals deem me worthy be screened. Maybe if it was a feature, but a short? Come on.

Most major film festivals will not accept a film that has either played on the internet or on television. If you keep it off the internet and if you get into one of these festivals, you will likely be asked to submit your film to many smaller film festivals including almost all of the internet distribution websites anyway, but this time... they'll waive the fee.

From experience with my short and speaking with people I?ve met along the way, it seems best to start out submitting to the top ten film festivals and (if it gets into at least one of them) start submitting to all the smaller festivals. No reason to waist a few hundred dollars on small film festivals that might reject you in place of a film that has played in one of the major film festivals (Cannes, Sundance, Berlin, Tribeca? ext.)

Then, after two or three years of steady festival play, while making contacts and pushing that feature script you?re just dying to do, let the film die in one of the many internet distribution websites that have been banging on your door. That?s a good run for a short.

Nice trailer, by the way.

Thanks for helping me explain that bit for Josh, Justin.

Alex, the film was shot on 35mm Fuji stock with an old Arri BL camera. Still, it worked out great.

And thanks for all your kind words. The full length short will probably be available online after it has run its course in the festival circuit.

Thanks all for viewing the trailer and commenting. I have to take the trailer offline now due to bandwidth issues so the link I have posted above will not work anymore. This is just a notice to let anyone new to this thread know about this.

Cheers.