Process-Paid Bag... Non-PP Film...

Erdwolf_TVL

What would Kodak do if a cartridge of non-process paid film arrived in an unused process envelope?

With Kodachrome on the way out, are they likely to nit-pick?

I have several of these envelopes laying round, the films that go with them too old to bother with.

Could I buy some non-PP film and ship them off to Switzerland?

hiya

i wanted to ask a similar question - have been trying out my bolex h8 with some ancient film, still complete with its pre-paid envelopes... but didn't know where to send the things to. no address on the front... couldn't find any info on kodak's website... can anyone provide an address to try? :)

thanks!

emma.

What would Kodak do if a cartridge of non-process paid film arrived in an unused process envelope?

The film itelf is identified as being process paid, or not. The European envelopes are just a convenience and do not entitle you to anything. (Contrary to the case in the USA where you buy a different style processing envelope "prepaid mailer" separately and this entitles you to processing, since the film is not marked as process paid.)

Anyone who is a stickler for the rules will charge you for processing if they notice that the film is not properly edge printed. Whether they will actually notice or care or not is another question, depending on the alertness and mental state of the technician. I have heard of people getting away with it.

hiya

i wanted to ask a similar question - have been trying out my bolex h8 with some ancient film, still complete with its pre-paid envelopes... but didn't know where to send the things to. no address on the front... couldn't find any info on kodak's website... can anyone provide an address to try? :)

thanks!

emma.

This is the only address still in use (until August this year, I believe)

kodak

case postale

CH-1001 lausanne

switzerland

The film itelf is identified as being process paid, or not. The European envelopes are just a convenience and do not entitle you to anything. (Contrary to the case in the USA where you buy a different style processing envelope "prepaid mailer" separately and this entitles you to processing, since the film is not marked as process paid.)

Anyone who is a stickler for the rules will charge you for processing if they notice that the film is not properly edge printed. Whether they will actually notice or care or not is another question, depending on the alertness and mental state of the technician. I have heard of people getting away with it.

Thanks for this. I guess my only concern is the film ending up in the trash. So, Kodak will send an invoice along with the processed film, worst case?

This is the only address still in use (until August this year, I believe)

kodak

case postale

CH-1001 lausanne

switzerland

Thanks for this. I guess my only concern is the film ending up in the trash. So, Kodak will send an invoice along with the processed film, worst case?

Depends what film you plan to send, you may get away with it with non process paid double run 8mm, but wait, last thing in the world we want to do is kick the kodak Swiss lab in the nuts while they're alreading down. Super 8 non process paid k40 says that on the cartridge. I have been sending non process paid k40 to Switzerland with a cheque, cost for processing is £7.00 for 8mm and super 8, £14.00 for 16mm and DS-8 processing.