Panavision Knowledge

Im currently on my second feature length show as a camera P.A. and while i am confident in what i know for my experience thus far, there is still so much more to know. I come in every morning and watch the 1st build the camera, and while i know alot of the parts needed to get everything fully operational, i dont know ALL the names of all these small parts, all the cables like ZLP's with Lemo heads (?) and just everything on the camera. Is there a source out there (besides the Panavision school) that i can tap to beef up my knowledge of these minute yet important parts?

Thanks in advance, camera gods.

• Premium Member
Im currently on my second feature length show as a camera P.A. and while i am confident in what i know for my experience thus far, there is still so much more to know. I come in every morning and watch the 1st build the camera, and while i know alot of the parts needed to get everything fully operational, i dont know ALL the names of all these small parts, all the cables like ZLP's with Lemo heads (?) and just everything on the camera. Is there a source out there (besides the Panavision school) that i can tap to beef up my knowledge of these minute yet important parts?

Get a catalog of panavision's offerings. That will help with a lot of what you're wondering. If you can't find one, I may be able to send you a PDF copy if you PM me.

Hello Scott

I found some information and user´s manual about panavision in

bye

The only way to really get to know all the little cables and widgets is to work with them on a regular basis. Going to Panavision and training with the gear is a great help. It's like trying to learn how to drive a car by reading a book -- some things you actually have to deal with in your hands. I certainly can't keep track of all the little cables on a given camera rig without using them on a somewhat regular basis.