Mac Book with Intel Processor

Hi Guys,

I'm actualy looking to get a new lab top.

I'm on PC right now but i'm looking to get a Mac and i'm very interesting by the Mac Book, the regular one, not the Pro !

The only bad part of this computer is the Video Chipset which is only 64MO :angry:

I'm wondering if this is enough to watch DVD easily, to make some flash websites, photoshop and also editing some simple clips like my demo reel on Final Cut Pro ?

Also, that 64MO shared with the original memory so if i'm going to 2GO of memory is this going to help my video chipset ?

Thanks in advance.

Guest Stephen Murphy
I'm wondering if this is enough to watch DVD easily, to make some flash websites, photoshop and also editing some simple clips like my demo reel on Final Cut Pro ?

Also, that 64MO shared with the original memory so if i'm going to 2GO of memory is this going to help my video chipset ?

Thanks in advance.

According to the apple website the mactel version of FCP isn't suppoted by the graphics card in the regular macbook.

• Premium Member

Plenty enough to watch DVD's and edit your demo reel. The additional RAM would help with rendering and whatnot. They are very nice, and relatively cheap computers....of course, the Pro is a lot nicer. ;-)

Guest Stephen Murphy

http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/specs.html?finalcutpro

"(Final Cut Studio is not supported on systems using the Intel Extreme Graphics 950 GMA)"

these are the only specs given and they are for Studio as a whole. Maybe FCP alone will run and these specs are to cover the other programmes like motion etc. Probably best to ask on the apple support forums.

Hope this helps,

According to the apple website the mactel version of FCP isn't suppoted by the graphics card in the regular macbook.

Not true! Check out this performance review of the 13" macbook and running FCP 5.1:

"Contrary to the bizarre rumor, the MacBook can indeed run Final Cut Pro, and it can run it quite well, if these tests are any indication."

Stephen,

I've talked today with a friend of mine who bought a Mac Book with 2GO of Memory few weeks ago.

He set up Final Cut Pro 5.1 and he says that it's working very well. He didn't try for the moment Motion DVD STUDIO.

Find on the Apple's Forum :

I'm running the Universal version of Final Cut Pro 5.1 right now on my MacBook and it runs great. Motion 2 will not run, but all the other Studio Apps will run great.