The Ostcam?

Chris_Burket

I have read about a company in Russia making modified 2m's that are called Ostcams. Apparently they have nice crystal motors, LCD readouts, and even the capability to do time lapse photography. They also put a PL mount on them. Anyone heard of these cameras or know where you could find one? I've heard of them going for as little as $2500.

• Premium Member
I have read about a company in Russia making modified 2m's that are called Ostcams. Apparently they have nice crystal motors, LCD readouts, and even the capability to do time lapse photography. They also put a PL mount on them. Anyone heard of these cameras or know where you could find one? I've heard of them going for as little as $2500.

Ask Olex, maybe he can steer you into the right direction. I don't know much about the Ostcam version but my Konvas was recently upgraded by Bruce McNaughton at Aranda in Australia.

Kev

This was a rework of the Konvas that was marketed for a couple of years when this stuff first opened to the West, around 12-15 years ago. I haven't heard of them in quite a while. But check with Slow-Motion Optics about their excellent upgrades to the Konvas. A lot more money though.

Yes, the many years ago, the camera technicians from Moskov ( Moskinap ) to sell special edition of Konvas camera with name OstCam.

This is camera have last design of Konvas mechanism with registration pin, Super 35 film gate, exchangeable ground glass, multi speed crystal sync motor 1-50 fps inside body, Arri PL mount.

The camera had video assistance too.

I know one camera operator, who use of OstCam camera and had high opinion about quality.

I don't know, OstCam sell from Moskinap now, I don't know, what price have OstCam now, but, the last price, what i know, $8500, minimum set, without lenses.

The other special edition of Konvas camera propose Elite Optic company.

This camera have name KinoFlex. You can see

http://www.slowmotioninc.com/sales/35konvas.htm

About price of $2500 i worry too much. This price can have standard Konvas-2M camera set with " like new" condition with OST-19 lens mount and set of OST-19 lenses.

You can buy standard Konvas-2M, to order of modification on Arri PL lens mount, to order of modification of motor with modern multispeed version.

• 1 month later...
What happened to the pix?

Kev

Dear Kevin,

I could not embed the pictures, I don't know why, and the Cinematography forum site is very limited to me...

If you and anyone want to get the pictures, I can send them via email.

Please send your email address via personal message.

Best,

Erkan

• 2 months later...

Interesting camera... not too common, either. Of the 2 original Ostcams I have seen in my travels, one is for sale in the classifieds section of this forum, and I own the other. Mine doesn't have the super-35 option, but it does have a PL mount with pin registration, readout for speed and footage counter, intervalometer, and some nice accessories -a nice top handle, a newer orientable viewfinder that takes an extension, much like the Kinor 35H.

There is some VERY interesting stuff made in Russia during the early to mid 90's floating aorund out there...

Todd Liebman

• 6 months later...

I own a Konvas 2M ostcam that Im looking to sell. let me know

marc

How much?

The ostcam has updated electronics, LED display, 24,25,30fps or variable speeds 1-60fps, 2- 400' mags, an amazing rock-soild Intervalometer, rotatable eyepiece, S35, Nikon lens Mt.,Hard case, Lens support, small rods, custom bottomplate

Camera works well, just dont shoot enough anymore. Had it serviced about year ago, and since ran about 3,000 feet of film through it

Asking 3,750$ w/o glass

Call or email for more pics and info!

Best,

Marc

dpmarc@marcshap.com

Edited by Marc Shap