high speed pin registered camera..any info?

Guest shutter bug

Guest shutter bug

i just saw on an online encyclopedia that somebody used to make a high speed super8 camera that went up to 250 fps. it also apparently had pin registration. youd have to pul film out of the cart and spool a bit onto a roller.

anybody have any pics and specs on this thing?

alex on this board got a few and can/could provide some info if he wanted.

Sorry, I have not any information about Super 8 camera with registration pin and about Super 8 camera with speed 250 fps.

I worry, Super 8 camera have small size of parts of mechanism, that's why, the mechanism for Super 8 film with registration pin can be a problem.

I have information about Siemens 8R, Double 8 cine camera. 8R camera have mechanism with parts similar of " registration pin" and adjusting film by vertical position.

Possible, the manufacturers of Super 8 cameras have special design of cameras with high speed and registration pin.

• Premium Member
alessandro machi that is.

I have pictures I have not scanned yet.

The camera has variable speed range from 10 frames per second to 300 frames per second, although over 250 frame per second the likelihood of something going wrong increases. The film is actually looped out of the super-8 cartridge and onto the specially designed film path. Camera is surprisingly small.

Vertical registration is real good but sideways issues can come up, I'm not sure if it is related to improper film loading or some other reason.

I don't have many of these cameras. I have two, and one I've said I would make available to the original creator of the camera, which leaves me with one, which is why I haven't sold it at this point in time.

Guest shutter bug
I have pictures I have not scanned yet.

The camera has variable speed range from 10 frames per second to 300 frames per second, although over 250 frame per second the likelihood of something going wrong increases. The film is actually looped out of the super-8 cartridge and onto the specially designed film path. Camera is surprisingly small.

Vertical registration is real good but sideways issues can come up, I'm not sure if it is related to improper film loading or some other reason.

I don't have many of these cameras. I have two, and one I've said I would make available to the original creator of the camera, which leaves me with one, which is why I haven't sold it at this point in time.

who made this thing and what do you think they are worth? does it have a fixed lens or removable? when you say sideways registration is a problem is that at all frame rates? does it have a built in heater? thanks