24p pulldown remover

I've used this feature on footage captured in 24p advanced from the DVX100 in the past, which made me wonder...

Here comes the newbie question: ready for it?

I said, "ARE YOU READY FOR IT!?!"

That's more like it.

Here it is: If I tranfer film to tape, upload it into FCP, and use the pulldown remover, will it bring the footage back to 24 fps?

Thank you in advance.

Keep the dream alive.

• Premium Member

Yes, although you'd use the normal 3:2 pulldown remover, sometimes called "reverse telecine" I believe, not the pulldown remover for 24P Advanced. I don't know if you can do that while importing the footage into FCP though, removing standard pulldown. You may have to do that as a later step.

• Premium Member
I've used this feature on footage captured in 24p advanced from the DVX100 in the past, which made me wonder...

Here comes the newbie question: ready for it?

I said, "ARE YOU READY FOR IT!?!"

That's more like it.

Here it is: If I tranfer film to tape, upload it into FCP, and use the pulldown remover, will it bring the footage back to 24 fps?

Thank you in advance.

Keep the dream alive.

If you plan on editing said footage in FCP, while watching it on an NTSC monitor, then reverse telecine to 23.98 fps, not 24 fps. FCP can convert 23.98 fps footage to NTSC on the fly so you can monitor your edit session on an NTSC monitor. It struggles to do that with 24 fps footage, jamming up, dropping frames, etc.

-Tim