MACHINING my IIC for PL MOUNT

Hamid Khozouie

I want to install the PL mount for my II C , BUT I cannot sent the camera to P& S or ......

I want to know how much we must machining the parts of my IIC. My PL MOUNT with its surface is exactly fitted in with IIC.

do you have any suggestions, plans or photos for machining.

thanks.....

• Premium Member
I want to install the PL mount for my II C , BUT I cannot sent the camera to P& S or ......

I want to know how much we must machining the parts of my IIC. My PL MOUNT with its surface is exactly fitted in with IIC.

do you have any suggestions, plans or photos for machining.

thanks.....

Hi,

It's not that easy to do at home........

Stephen

The original turret cannot be machined out to accept a PL mount. You must replace the front plate with a new one that is dedicated to a single PL mount. This is a part that you can buy from P+S Technik in Germany, Les Bosher in the UK or Visual Products in the US and then have your technician install on the camera. He will need a depth gauge and sheet of steel film to set the depth to exactly 52mm.

• Premium Member
or Visual Products in the US and then have your technician install on the camera.
He can't deal with Visual Products, the trade embargo between the US and Iran is still in place, I've got the front casting from an old CP BNCR Arri 2C adapter that would be an excellent starting place but I'd end up with the Feds parked in my driveway if I tried to sell it to him.

Mitch,

Do you have any idea what it would cost to buy a PL lock mechanism, hopefully used and a bit tired? I had the idea in the past of looking into adapting my casting to take a PL mechanism. I thought I might be able to start with a used PL mount off an Arri 3 for the lock parts.

He can't deal with Visual Products, the trade embargo between the US and Iran is still in place, I've got the front casting from an old CP BNCR Arri 2C adapter that would be an excellent starting place but I'd end up with the Feds parked in my driveway if I tried to sell it to him.

Mitch,

Do you have any idea what it would cost to buy a PL lock mechanism, hopefully used and a bit tired? I had the idea in the past of looking into adapting my casting to take a PL mechanism. I thought I might be able to start with a used PL mount off an Arri 3 for the lock parts.

Yeah, I knew he couldn't get stuff from the US when I typed it but this is an informational forum so I figured it might help others out there. I have no idea where one would find a used PL mount, but I will note that they are not all created equal. I'm not just talking quality, but also the way in which they marry to a given camera body. If it is not made specfic to your design, then it may be cheaper and better to just buy a camera-specfic one in the first place.

The original turret cannot be machined out to accept a PL mount. You must replace the front plate with a new one that is dedicated to a single PL mount.

Hi Mitch

This process is not , only replacing PL mount with 3 lenses turret of IIC.

3 parts of IIC must be machined.

Hi Halll

I have a new PL mount with its circle surface , whitch is ready for installation. Thank you for your cooperation.

My problem is :

* How much we must machined these parts of IIC?

-Part of handgrip near mirror.

-Part of the camera near the centre of the shutter.

Sending a very macro photo of your IIC with PL mount can help us ...........

THANKS