Super 8 music video

Bill Totolo

• Premium Member

Specs:

Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Processed at Super8 Sound

Transferred at Spectra Film and Video (unsupervised)

Shot with Nikon R10 (18fps)

I shot this at the park across the street from my apartment at sunset, caught a lot of sunflare, etc.

I like to keep the 'mistakes' in.

The music features an old friend of mine, Kevin Moore, who has a couple of projects. This song is called Standby (looks like rain). The band is O.S.I. and features Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater) on drums. Kevin also was a member of Dream Theater. His other project is called "Chroma Key" which is very atmospheric.

I think the flaws work with the music but I'll be interested to see what you guys think. This is not something being used by the band, I just wanted to fool around with my new camera.

Thanks

Specs:

Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

I shot this at the park across the street from my apartment at sunset, caught a lot of sunflare, etc.

The music features an old friend of mine, Kevin Moore, who has a couple of projects. This song is called Standby (looks like rain). The band is O.S.I. and features Mike Portnoy (of Dream Theater) on drums. Kevin also was a member of Dream Theater. His other project is called "Chroma Key" which is very atmospheric.

I think the flaws work with the music but I'll be interested to see what you guys think. This is not something being used by the band, I just wanted to fool around with my new camera.

Thanks

I liked the flare, nice work.

Specs:

Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

after many tries, the link is not working for me. Can you provide another?

chris

• 4 months later...
Specs:

Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

Specs:

Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

Nice shots, I wouldn't have recycled them in that short of a video though.

• Premium Member
Nice shots, I wouldn't have recycled them in that short of a video though.

Ha! You know what it's like, you shoot a roll of film with your new camera and you get excited.

That was the only roll I shot that day.

Specs:

Kodak Vision2 200T 7217

Thanks

Some mighty sweet-looking Super-8, that's for sure! Great transfer. The footage is very pretty (and I don't mean that sarcastically!), the ultra-colors don't exactly bring to mind thoughts or impressions of rain, though. Maybe too many years in New England, but the visuals are a bit "up" and buoyant for a moody song referring to rain...But the footage looks so great, what the hey! Really nice, thanks for sharing.

hp