Sometimes I think these naysayers are placed here as MOLES

Mr. Shannon W. Rawls

Jim, why do you bother to answer some of these guys?

I mean, they'll ask a question, you'll answer it, then they ask the same question again a different way. Your polite, they're rude. They praise film like a religion, to that you say 'to each his own', but then they bash you for saying it.

It's crazy, i'm sitting here reading through the posts in the RED forum to catch up on RED talk, and it's amazing to see these dudes chasing you with pitchforks and torches. It makes me think they are hired/paid to torment your efforts by big companies who want to see you fail.

The the killer is.....when you checkmate they're a$$ because months ago they said you wouldn't be able to do something, that you've just done; you would think they would congratulate you for doing what they said you couldnt do. BUT NO...instead, they find a loophole to wiggle out of the apology and move on to find something else to diss you about. To me, it's very reminiscent of racism, and I hate looking at it.

I just had to speak on it. JJ, keep it moving man. I won't be at IBC, but I hve people who will. ROCK ON.

Shannon... I've always liked you. It is pretty frustrating. But at the end of the day we are putting out a product that many find revolutionary. Those that don't want it or need it don't have to buy it. It is a surprise though that some spend so much time trying to tell me that I'm making a mistake with this project. When we 1st announced in Dec., it was a "scam". Then, it turned into "there is no way you can do what the other BIG companies can't. Now, as we are ready to show 4k footage, it seems to be a film vs. digital battle. At each stage it seems to be a new set of board adversaries.

What I really hoped from this board was to get constructive input. Suggestions. Ideas. Most complain that the BIG companies don't listen. We are. But we have to sift through the noise.

Thanks to those who have made suggestions with good intent. You will see quite a different program because of it in a few days.

One last thing. 8 months ago there was no RED camera company. No finished sensor design. Everything you will see on Sept. 8th is 8 months of work. That in itself is quite remarkable IMHO.

Jim

• Premium Member
What I really hoped from this board was to get constructive input. Suggestions. Ideas.

OK. How about letting your product speak for itself, rather than advance hyping people into arguing and/or salivating over something while it's still in the concept stage, or non-functional prototype stage? I, for one, would never take a position that a technological advance can't be made. However, I hope you can understand the wariness people can get from advance marketing hype, especially in an area where the ultimate qualitative judgments will be made by subjective impression, which will in the end mean far more than specs on paper. Good luck in your endeavor.