JANUS Box Set Oct.24 50 DVDs

Here is a link to the best box set ever....IMHO.

http://store.prostores.com/servlet/criterionco/Detail?no=31

If you pre-order the price will be $200 less than MSRP. $650 compared to $850.

I'm thinkin' real hard about this one as I do not own most of the 50 DVDs in the set.

It boils down to about $13 per DVD...

Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know it was coming if you care...

-Jonnie

Very good point. That fact escaped me...still, at $13 a disc I'm inclined to purchase. Also, the resale value might not drop off too terribly if they do release a HD version in the near future. Who knows? It's a tough call...for me at least.

I don't yet own a new HD tele, I'm waiting another year or two for something I really like to hit. I've seen it all from Plasma to LCD and it feels like the technology just isn't "there" yet. The qaulity is a world away from my projection but picking a new HD tele is a very big deal. I plan on getting a 50"....research, research, research.

If they do actually release a HD version in the future maybe it would have extras and such...? Hmmm. Now I feel like a little girl who can't make up her mind... :)

• Premium Member

I didn't buy a HD television yet either. On one hand I'm waiting how this whole Blue-Ray vs HD-DVD turns out, on the other hand I am not a fan of Plasmas or LCDs either. I'm waiting for either a full 1080p capable CRT TV or how SED technology turns out, since it is based on the same principal as CRT, i.e. electron emission.