arri bl super 16

Thanasis Diamantopoulos

Wow, a rarity. Where did you get the conversion done?

Try this link for your question:

http://members.aol.com/azspectrum/16blccd.html

If you Google (love how this has become a verb!) "video assist" + "16bl" you will come up with more information.

BTW, great name! I love Greek Names. Is your first name pronounced with a hard "T" sound?

Just curious....

Arriflex made S16 conversions for the 16BL? :o

That's pretty incredible to hear...

Anyways you can get one of those thru-the-eye-peice video taps

Saw this one on Ebay...for tha Arri 2C might work for the 16BL (I dunno)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAZILVIEW-VIDEO-TAP-ar...1QQcmdZViewItem

It's very difficult I dunno if they can make a tap like the CP16R has...

Or something that'll allow you to use the eye-peice and the tap at the same time...

If it can be done I'm sure it'll be costly.

Good Luck

I agree that i have never seen any other bl super 16 before but i said this camera has a mark at the side wich it is printed the word "ARRIFLEX BL S16" BTW i thing that the throught the vf opion is most easy to convert. Any hall on the cameras body might destroy the blimb. Thanks for the help.

The camera works perfectly i have done alot of projects and this is a camera wichs i rend it to students very offten.

sorry for my english :blink:

hi to every one i own an arriflex bl super 16 and i wonter if there is any way to use a video assist for this camera?

WHOLY CRAP, A SUPER 16 BL! By ARRI!? Wow... i never heard of that... i own one and looked to many places for conversion, best was to be Aranda Group in Melbourne Australia but never mind that...

You asked about the video tap. Here is what i did thank to help from Don Brown from England.

We took a BW Pulnix CCD camera TM-6EX (you can find on eBay), which runs on 12v and then we machined the plastic tube (you can use aluminium if you wish) to fit it onto the viewfinder. Machining wasnt really hard if you got all the right tools. I did it at Panavision office... techs there are always helpful!!

^CN.jpg

http://www.translationthemovie.com/pics/Pu...206EX%20001.jpg

http://www.translationthemovie.com/pics/Pu...206EX%20002.jpg

Long story short the tube that connects the Pulnix camera to the viewfinder is a perfect fit. It is about 57mm long, and this is vital to get right due to FOCUS on the lens, as i am using COSMICAR/PENTAX 16mm TV LENS (you chould pick that up on eBay easy too).

All up this is very economical way of doing it.

I can see the whole of my ground glass, the TV LINES and everything. The TUBE fits snug, making it a firm fit, so it wont Fall of if shaken. Since it is made to fit on standard ARRI eyepieces, I once even used it on an ARRI 3 eyepiece when we needed a quick video tap on the day no one felt like driving to Panavasion for their Video Tap :)

oh and check this crazy guy out! you got to love it! :D

3d_1_b.JPG

I am trying to pout a picture of the camera that shows the arri mark of super 16 but i can't. How can i do it?

Hey buddy, you have to put a picture onto a web site then press the little image (three) symbol that is in the chat settings, type in the web link and voila :) Otherwise, you can just link to the image on the web by putting in the link direct - as i did on couple of photos above, cause they were too huge to just open them up if you didnt want to view them...

perhaps there is another way of attaching, straight from your computer, but that i dont know...

Hope my PULNIX camera explanation helped. If you want i can try and take a photo of the pulnix attached to my BL one of these days?

Cheers,

I am trying to pout a picture of the camera that shows the arri mark of super 16 but i can't. How can i do it?

Hey buddy, you have to put a picture onto a web site then press the little image (three) symbol that is in the chat settings, type in the web link and voila :) Otherwise, you can just link to the image on the web by putting in the link direct - as i did on couple of photos above, cause they were too huge to just open them up if you didnt want to view them...

perhaps there is another way of attaching, straight from your computer, but that i dont know...

Hope my PULNIX camera explanation helped. If you want i can try and take a photo of the pulnix attached to my BL one of these days?

Cheers,

Go to MyContols at top of page.

Go to Manage your attachments, bottom left menu.

You can put up to 100K in picture files on as an attachment.

Not everyone has a web site.

i have heard that Angenieux 12-120mm zoom vignettes when used for super 16, but the 15-150mm zoom works (because it was originally designed for a largish video chip). does your 12-120mm lens cover the entire super 16mm area?

Hi zachary

Yes the 12 - 120 does not cover s16 but that happens between 20-35mm i can use plannars from my 2c on the prime blimb. Also my distagon 10-100mm does the vignettes. When shuting exteriors or music videos or any noy sync sound i can uses any type of bayonet or arri standar lenses without the blimb the image is perfect. Sometimes look like old fasion.

One such super bls is in Nepal previously owned by a German Cinematographer marked with no 25 might suggest that Arri made more than 20, guess it is 25th.

regards,

[/quote

HI Deepak

An otheR cinematographer from Spain claims that there are about 25 or 30 bl s16 made by arri factory.

Ithing that those cameras and mine are not standar 16 converted but came out from the factory as s16.

BTW my camera is marked with no 24 a little older from germans :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I was told that this camera no 25 is s16 camera came out from Arri factory. But I still doubt whether it is a converted one. If it belongs to the same lot then may be a direct s16 out.

regards,

Hi deepak

Sorry for the delay i was at the national short film festival here in greece.

You are right this camera also, came out of the factory as a super 16 camera. It is not converted.