John Pytlak Illness

John Pytlak RIP

Sorry to hear that john. Though I don't know you outside of proffesional corrispondance, you have always helped me out when I had a question. Your a damn decent guy in a world that needs more friendly helpful people. I will be prayin for you, and as soon as your well come back and say hi, I know we are all pullin for you.

Unfortunately, this past Thursday, I received word that the biopsy was positive for cancerous cells. A CAT scan Friday showed two areas of suspicion along the middle small intestine.

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

John

Don't worry John, my Grandpa had a cancer there, a tiny op, and a few weeks of Radiotherapy, and he was fine, infact I'm meeting him on friday, and indeed you will be in my prayers.

Godspeed on your recovery old bean.

Matthew Buick.

Edited by Matthew Buick

Daym... that has come as a shock. John, I really do hope that you make a full recovery and that you're ok. (Not just saying that, I think you're a really cool dude, and to hear the news has come as a blow, I'm just sorry to hear it)

Take care John, I for one will be thinking about you.

Edited by Daniel Ashley-Smith

Get well soon John! As a film student I look to these boards for the advice from professional minds and when I see a thread that says "Last Posted by John Pytlak" I tend to go right for those threads because I know that chances are, I"ll learn something valuable. I know it will be tough as my father survived cancer (that was caught late too), but today he's stronger than ever. And when you're back to full strength, I'll be picking your brain now that I'm starting to shoot everything on film :D

• Premium Member

John, David M and yourself are probaly the two most informed and interesting members of this entire site. It is proably ironic that after keeping folks away from radiation (on their films) your Doctor may irraiate your cancer. (The Thearatron division of MDS in Kanata is about 5 Km from where I live, and they probaly make more radiation therapy equipment than anyone)

Please take it easy, take care of yourself, and pace your work to keep your strenth up. and as my favorite TV character says - Keep your stick on the ice- were pulling for you.