Super8Sound aka Pro8mm has lowered their prices

John Adolfi

Which means they have the best prices anywhere. However if Walmart will develop all super 8 movie film at least the films that require E-6 processing, then the cheapest route is purchasing direct from Kodak and then dropping it off at Walmart for processing. Case in point 64T, $14.00 a roll. Developing at Walmart $5-6.

Total is $20. Now the question is what films have E-6 processing? Does the 100D? And since Walmart probably uses Dwaynes to do its processing, Walmart may do processing other than E-6?? Let's find out.

Great! Now I can get Pro8 Xray and expired re-can films for a few dollars less than new Kodak film! <_<

In the fight for Kodak to release new super 8 film, migration to Pro8 will not help the case. Kodak film will always provide the best results. And, companies like Spectra still manage to sell more expensive, fresh Kodak product in small film packs at a better price than Pro8.

My past expierience with Pro8 quality and customer service dictate where I want to go for film. Kodak brand will always be the best choice.

Edited by John Hyde

• Premium Member
Great! Now I can get Pro8 Xray and expired re-can films for a few dollars less than new Kodak film! <_<

In the fight for Kodak to release new super 8 film, migration to Pro8 will not help the case. Kodak film will always provide the best results. And, companies like Spectra still manage to sell more expensive, fresh Kodak product in small film packs at a better price than Pro8.

My past expierience with Pro8 quality and customer service dictate where I want to go for film. Kodak brand will always be the best choice.

Perhaps the list of people who stopped using Super-8 because of a certain Super-8 company is much bigger than Kodak could ever imagine. Slash and Burn baby, there's always another customer around the bend, time to move onto the next newbie.

It's a shame that Kodak doesn't just come out with the 50D and instead allows one company to have a virtual monopoly on 50D. A few years back I had reviewed a new product video camera for a magazine and afterwards I pitched them the idea of doing a Super-8 story as well. The magazine editor would not entertain a story on Super-8 filmmaking even if I could have gotten an ad from Kodak to go along with the story. Many years earlier this magazine editor had dropped a super-8 camera off for consignment with this company and then never got the camera back nor any money, and thusly swore them off forever. That's just one tiny microcosm of the extent of damage that has been done.

Yes they have kept Super-8 on the map via their own publicity efforts, enough to make a buck for themselves.

• Premium Member
On film that is. Check it out: pro8mm film price list

Just purchased a couple of rolls of the 50D from Pro8mm with pre-paid processing. When I went in and picked it up, the counter girl handed me two separate rolls. I asked her if they could--like any other lab I've used--please splice the two together and put a leader on it. She told me they could, but have a $35 minimum for prep.

I think I'll have to go back to shooting my home movies with the A-Minima and process at FotoKem to save some money.

• Premium Member
Just purchased a couple of rolls of the 50D from Pro8mm with pre-paid processing. When I went in and picked it up, the counter girl handed me two separate rolls. I asked her if they could--like any other lab I've used--please splice the two together and put a leader on it. She told me they could, but have a $35 minimum for prep.

I think I'll have to go back to shooting my home movies with the A-Minima and process at FotoKem to save some money.

Spectra and Yale are located nearby and both offer much better deals on prepping for transfer (Yales prep might even be included along with processing at no additional charge or a very nominal charge, Spectra as well is very minimal), but alas, no 50D. Not because either lab doesn't want to offer it, but because it's not on the table, yet, from Kodak.

• Premium Member
Spectra and Yale are located nearby and both offer much better deals on prepping for transfer (Yales prep might even be included along with processing at no additional charge or a very nominal charge, Spectra as well is very minimal), but alas, no 50D. Not because either lab doesn't want to offer it, but because it's not on the table, yet, from Kodak.

I think Spectra will honor Pro8's prepaid processing, so you can still buy from Pro8mm and have Spectra process and prep for no extra charge. They might require you to transfer there though...

• Site Sponsor

Hi All,

If you ar looking for another alternative we have started selling Kodak S-8 bundles with process and transfer:

Color Neg or Ektachrome (Cross Processed) stock, process and Cintel444 transfer for 43.00/per (4 roll minimum) Tape stock and shipping extra. B+W reversal 35.00/per.

We transfer direct to disk too.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan

Filmmaker

VP Cinelab Inc.

www.cinelab.com

• Premium Member
Spectra and Yale are located nearby and both offer much better deals on prepping for transfer. . .

And why is that?

Anyone care to tell us a good reason why Pro8 charges so much more? Just wondering. Maybe there's a good reason. I just can't think of one off hand.