Exposure Rating 7285 X-Process

• 1 month later...

Certainly a test should be shot, but the usual exposure for cross processing is a stop faster than factory speed in regular chemistry, sometimes more, so in this case, ei. 200. Negative developer is much more active than reversal. What I like to do is rate it normally and pull one stop to keep the distinct cross-process look, but to just slightly curb some of the runaway contrast. I would imagine that if you rate '85 at ei 50 and cross process, you might have an excessively dense negative - highlights would become irretreivable.

Anyone? for telecine, I'm going to go ahead and rate it as 50ASA for a full stop overexposure... second?

• Site Sponsor
Certainly a test should be shot, but the usual exposure for cross processing is a stop faster than factory speed in regular chemistry, sometimes more, so in this case, ei. 200. Negative developer is much more active than reversal. What I like to do is rate it normally and pull one stop to keep the distinct cross-process look, but to just slightly curb some of the runaway contrast. I would imagine that if you rate '85 at ei 50 and cross process, you might have an excessively dense negative - highlights would become irretreivable.

We do a fair bit of X-process and i would agree with the above, if you want a 1 stop push rate it "normal" at 100 but if you are shooting normally a 200 rating seems to be correct from my experience.

-rob-

• 3 weeks later...