processing and minidv transfers

kelly tippett

Forde/AlphaCine for just a test. fordelabs.com and alphacine.com , they're the same building.

But since its just a test, why not just project the reversal once processed?

I'd like to up load it to have in the computer. I tested fstops, framing, and things. And i can upload it into adobe and test things there too. Watch the fstops change, label the images, pause them for long periods of time. Make still frames and more.

Is there a place that will transfer too? its a test all the way through even to see who i will use to process and transfer.

Forde/AlphaCine for just a test. fordelabs.com and alphacine.com , they're the same building.

But since its just a test, why not just project the reversal once processed?

I checked with them, they will process at .17 a foot. But they want 200 dollars an hour for transfering to mini dv. I respcet their price but not for a test. I may just have to project it, because i may have more tests anyway. I ran one last week and sent them the film. They should be mailing the processed back this week.

Plus, there is a place on the university near by i want to check out. I could see using alpha cine for the transfer of the feature's footage. Hopefully a lcoal place will work.

Edited by kelly tippett

I checked with them, they will process at .17 a foot. But they want 200 dollars an hour for transfering to mini dv. I respcet their price but not for a test. I may just have to project it, because i may have more tests anyway. I ran one last week and sent them the film. They should be mailing the processed back this week.

Plus, there is a place on the university near by i want to check out. I could see using alpha cine for the transfer of the feature's footage. Hopefully a lcoal place will work.

Oh, sorry, I had Forde/Alpha do my stuff for my last short on 7265 but they have gone through changes since I used them (in fact when i used them last year they were still seperate businesses!), but I did a supervised tk with alpha for less than $200/hr... They have also updated their tk since I was there Im told too. In any case now that you have the film processed Im sure there are many places that will do a transfer for you for just 1 roll. Make sure you tell them its just a test though.

• Site Sponsor

Hi Will, I called and talkied to the Tk guy, look into uncompressed transfer to hdd!

We do that and I just had the best engineer in the business in to do a tuneup on our 2 telecine suites, everything looks great! We do all 10 bit all SDi transfers to disk and tape for 8mm 16mm and 35mm

Is that a new website? Makes me want to try you guys at CineLab...

We have been in business since 1948 but I have been here for the last five years and put up our current site this year.

-Rob-