smallest, compact, pro 35mm cam?

Chris Graham

what's the smallest form around delivering excellent results? besides the lenses of course. thnx

I am not sure of past models, but the Aaton Penelope promises to be very small can compact as far as pro 35mm riggs go. But then again, if has yet to be released.

chris

I'm sure that if you changed your display name to your real name, as per forum guidelines, you'd improve your chances of getting an answer to your question.

Was there a mass letter sent out via e-mail? I probably missed. I've been posting on the S8 forum for quite a bit. No one's ever asked for my real name. I find that ridiculous. If this forum was exclusive and one had to pay a significant amount such as monthly payments for the industry's best info then perhaps I might submit, but because filmmaking isn't my forte I don't feel I need to point out my name! C'mon, where's the liberalism? Should I post my city and street address as well? Anyhow, thanks for the advice.

• Premium Member
Was there a mass letter sent out via e-mail? I probably missed. I've been posting on the S8 forum for quite a bit. No one's ever asked for my real name. I find that ridiculous. If this forum was exclusive and one had to pay a significant amount such as monthly payments for the industry's best info then perhaps I might submit, but because filmmaking isn't my forte I don't feel I need to point out my name! C'mon, where's the liberalism? Should I post my city and street address as well? Anyhow, thanks for the advice.

Filmmaking is not your forte?

Kev

Should I post my city and street address as well?

Why not? maybe the street address is taking it a bit far but why not tell everyone who you are and where you're from? Maybe theres a DP who lives right next door and can answer all of your questions if you buy him/her a cup of coffee!

:)

www.cinematography.com/forum2004/index.php?showtopic=14164 . This was in general discussion for like a month or more. You know I had the answer to your question but you're comming across as such an arragant, dismissive little .... well I don't want to be accused of flaming so I'll just leave it at that and say I wouldn't give you the answer if it would save my life! You really need to learn some manners. By the way if I were you, I would probably change your display name or there is a very good chance your account will be terminated, just a peice of advice, do want you want with it. If you don't believe me read that thread and then see if you still don't.

www.cinematography.com/forum2004/index.php?showtopic=14164 . This was in general discussion for like a month or more. You know I had the answer to your question but you're comming across as such an arragant, dismissive little .... well I don't want to be accused of flaming so I'll just leave it at that and say I wouldn't give you the answer if it would save my life! You really need to learn some manners. By the way if I were you, I would probably change your display name or there is a very good chance your account will be terminated, just a peice of advice, do want you want with it. If you don't believe me read that thread and then see if you still don't.

Reminds me of an excellent blog entry on what we are up against as the barriers of entry to filmmaking gets lowered - the dilettantes, dabblers and posers:

http://www.thinkvitamin.com/features/desig...for-your-rights

Kim Sargenius

Reminds me of an excellent blog entry on what we are up against as the barriers of entry to filmmaking gets lowered - the dilettantes, dabblers and posers:

http://www.thinkvitamin.com/features/desig...for-your-rights

Kim Sargenius

Funny.

I actually like the idea that it's becoming easier for the masses to make a film but I also believe that water finds it's own level. Anyone with a few bucks can buy paints and canvas, but there ain't a Hell of a lot of Piccassos out there. Those who care about the art and craft of filmmaking will thirst for every scrape of information they can find, thoses who want to take up a hobbie and make their little movies just for fun will do that. There's nothing wrong with that and there's nothing particularly wrong with casually visiting a forum where you might pick up a tip or two. I'm also all for being a rebel. Blind conformaty breeds mediocracy, however, I consider myself a professional and have worked very hard to live up to all that implies so in this particular case, it annoys me when someone thinks they have the God-given right to take an attitudenal wiz on MY parade (I.E filmmaking). Inferring that you don't give a rat's a** about filmmaking is not the best way to ingraciate yourself to a group of professional filmmakers. It's kinda akin to yelling "HARLEYS SUCK!!!" over a bull horn at a Hell's Angels rally. Not exactly the smartest thing to do if you want something from someone, I would say.

• Site Sponsor

I would say the Eyemo, the Eyemo ;-) I happen to have a really nice one all restored like with a Nikon mount on it, does not get much smaller than that. Plus it casn be used in so many different ways. Spring wound, hand cranked or with an external motor..

-rob-