Skin Tone Detail on SDX 900

chris elias

Looking for any tricks on the Panasonic SDX 900 Skin Tone Detail. I have always used a gate and adjusted with that but am not familiar with the settings of the Panasonic. I am trying to really soften up a clients face and skin tone and make some adjustments to make them "Younger" Any help on this would be great

Cheers Chris

• Premium Member
Looking for any tricks on the Panasonic SDX 900 Skin Tone Detail. I have always used a gate and adjusted with that but am not familiar with the settings of the Panasonic. I am trying to really soften up a clients face and skin tone and make some adjustments to make them "Younger" Any help on this would be great

Cheers Chris

If you have a copy of the Goodman Guide, he walks you through the process in it. The rental house probably has a copy if you don't have access to one.

• Premium Member

Tim is right, the Goodman's Guide walks your through it.

Basically you take a sample and can then adjust your gate for tolerance. After that, you can dial down the detail in that area, or boost certain aspects...works really well for product shots too.

If you have a copy of the Goodman Guide, he walks you through the process in it. The rental house probably has a copy if you don't have access to one.

I did get one...however I am about 4 hours away from the rental house in a small city and the one I had disappeared on set. Unfortunately I am shooting 7 days a week and am here till December.