Claudio Miranda : Cadillac ad

Hi! I visited Claudio Miranda's webpage, www.claudiomiranda.com, I should be asking hiw directly since he is on this forum regularly but I don't want to bother him, how do you think he did this Cadillac Ad? Photography and Motion Control I understand but how come the car is rolling, did they do this in post afterwards? Removed what we would have seen of the motion control crane or device, and added the movement in post...

Well, It is really well done and I'll really like to know how it was really done...

Thanks

C

Hi! I visited Claudio Miranda's webpage, www.claudiomiranda.com, I should be asking hiw directly since he is on this forum regularly but I don't want to bother him, how do you think he did this Cadillac Ad? Photography and Motion Control I understand but how come the car is rolling, did they do this in post afterwards? Removed what we would have seen of the motion control crane or device, and added the movement in post...

Well, It is really well done and I'll really like to know how it was really done...

Thanks

C

looks like good old stop motion to me...

Yeah... It is stop motion, but was the car moving along with the motion control device? If so, how did it lined up perfectly? There is never a jerky movement... My guess is the motion control thing was secure to the car and removed in post or it was all shot still, no car moving, and the movement was added ulteriorly or again the motion control crane was fitted to a truck which kept the EXACT same distance to the car all along...

It does not look simple anyway to me!

C

Guest Alex Taylor

That's very cool... the website says it was shot with motion control and a Canon 1DS which I assume is a DSLR.. anyway, I'd be willing to bet that the cars were shot on a stage and the entire background is digital. Look at the clouds - they move perfectly as if they were shot as a timelapse. It would also be very tricky to match sudden changes in light if they shot it on location.

• 3 weeks later...
That's very cool... the website says it was shot with motion control and a Canon 1DS which I assume is a DSLR.. anyway, I'd be willing to bet that the cars were shot on a stage and the entire background is digital. Look at the clouds - they move perfectly as if they were shot as a timelapse. It would also be very tricky to match sudden changes in light if they shot it on location.

This version has untouched digital files. This explains everything. Going through the car I use a tripod and some handheld.

http://www.claudiomiranda.com/caddy.html

60 sec version has been compressed to 30 sec and the sound track has changed from the original

Here is the final:

http://www.claudiomiranda.com/cadillac.html

Shot on Location over 5 days.

Digitally removed rig and added some clouds. Also stabilized. Some of the clouds are real. Location is real. Cars are real.

After every shot the rig and car moved 9'. Buy the time we were finished we laid over a mile of track. Probably the longest motion control shot I know of.

60 sec version has been compressed to 30 sec and the sound track has changed from the original

• 2 weeks later...