Dumb question,RCA outputs on XL 1

Marty Hamrick

I use a Canon XL1 from time to time on freelance projects.The TV station I work for has one and I have a friend who has one I borrow when I need it.I'm not too familiar with prosumer cameras as normally I shoot with a Sony DNW7.Last time I used an XL 1,I wanted to play back what I had just shot on a standard TV with RCA inputs.I couldn't get it on the screen.I looked for a menu function to see if there was something that would enable it to play through the RCA outs,but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?Was I not holding my mouth right?Should I stand on one foot while facing east on a night of a full moon?What's the deal here?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Sustaining Member
What am I doing wrong?Was I not holding my mouth right?Should I stand on one foot while facing east on a night of a full moon?

The simple answer? Yes.

Actually, Mark may be correct in that you've got a bad cable. I've used an XL-1 for playback before and don't remember it being particularly hard or confusing. It's probably something very simple.