JOBS

• Premium Member

A producer/director friend of mine who I have known for a long time (he is trustworthy) is looking for a "PBS Style" documentary camera person for a number of shoot days coming up soon. Equipment is required, a Panasonic DVPro 50 (or better) camera package, I assume some lights, and 2 wireless lav mics.

Shoot days are: Lexington, MA. Jan. 22: Lunenberg, VT. Jan. 23-24: Seattle, WA. Jan. 30: Sarasota Florida Jan. 31: Miami, Florida Feb. 1. Locations within close proximity of one another could be handled by the same individual. Specific project particulars, adjunct crew and rates can be discussed with the producer, Jim Ruxin.

Any interested parties should e-mail their resume and list of equiment to jimruxin@aol.com.

Good luck.

A producer/director friend of mine who I have known for a long time (he is trustworthy) is looking for a "PBS Style" documentary camera person for a number of shoot days coming up soon. Equipment is required, a Panasonic DVPro 50 (or better) camera package, I assume some lights, and 2 wireless lav mics.

Shoot days are: Lexington, MA. Jan. 22: Lunenberg, VT. Jan. 23-24: Seattle, WA. Jan. 30: Sarasota Florida Jan. 31: Miami, Florida Feb. 1. Locations within close proximity of one another could be handled by the same individual. Specific project particulars, adjunct crew and rates can be discussed with the producer, Jim Ruxin.

Any interested parties should e-mail their resume and list of equiment to jimruxin@aol.com.

Good luck.

Ahem, might I suggest that your friend stop worrying about weither or not the DPs in question own the right equipment, and instead make sure that they can secure the right equipment in time for the shoot?

For instance, I would be interested in the Sarasota shoot, but do not own a single DV camera (I own film cameras). When someone requires DV, I rent, because DV looses it's value far too quickly to be worth the investment of purchase. This also means that I am shooting with a higher end camera than I could purchase directly, giving my clients a higher quality result.

So, in your opinion, should I even consider applying, despite the fact that I do not have a single piece of DV equipment in my catalog?