The Good German

K Borowski

• Premium Member

It was to be released on Dec. 22,2006. I just did a little research on the web and could only

find that its playing in L.A.,N.Y.and Toronto. If its been to Harrisburg,PA then I missed it. I've

been down for a while due to a small heart attack so I may have missed it. This afternoon I

had to meet a client at Border's Cafe(model) to go on location for some stills. While I was

there I picked up the book "The Good German"(in paperback) and started to read it while I

waited for my client. I'm really in to the book as its a great story. If the script is true to the

book it should be a helluva good screenplay. I can't wait to see the film. You might want to

pick up the book and read it. Please post if you find that its coming east.

Greg Gross

It was to be released on Dec. 22,2006. I just did a little research on the web and could only

find that its playing in L.A.,N.Y.and Toronto. If its been to Harrisburg,PA then I missed it. I've

been down for a while due to a small heart attack so I may have missed it. This afternoon I

had to meet a client at Border's Cafe(model) to go on location for some stills. While I was

there I picked up the book "The Good German"(in paperback) and started to read it while I

waited for my client. I'm really in to the book as its a great story. If the script is true to the

book it should be a helluva good screenplay. I can't wait to see the film. You might want to

pick up the book and read it. Please post if you find that its coming east.

Greg Gross

It's been playing here in San Diego for a few weeks now, in some of the Landmark theaters we have here. Keep an eye on the nearest independent theaters, because it hasn't shown in any of the big theaters here. I hope you can catch it before it goes to dvd.

Jason Reimer

Edited by Jason Reimer

I saw it at least a month ago in LA. My guess would be that it won't get a very wide release. You may just have to wait for the DVD.

Well, now that HD is out, I am probably never going to buy a DVD ever again, and good riddance ;-)

There's always the cinematheque if it doesn't get shown in the mainstream theatres, or our Cedar Lee theatre, which plays a lot of Indy films.

Greg, sorry to hear about your heart attack. Hope you're doing better and it hasn't affected your work in any way.

~Karl

BTW, I remember badmouthing this movie being shot on color in another thread a while back. I've seen the trailer for it that's been circulating on Turner Classic Movies, and it completely changed my mind. The film looked nothing like "Good Night and Good Lucks" decolorization did. It was quite convincing that it could have been shot on Plus-X, not Double-X though, as that would have had noticeable grain even on SDTV

Edited by Karl Borowski

• Premium Member
Well, now that HD is out, I am probably never going to buy a DVD ever again, and good riddance ;-)

Actually, HD-DVD and Blu-ray are offering 1080p, which should be superior to current 1080i HD cable. Ironically, this may give the DVD rental business a new, extended lease on life, at least until the time some years from now when cable can offer ALL channels in 1080p (or whatever may come along to replace even THAT).

There's always the cinematheque if it doesn't get shown in the mainstream theatres, or our Cedar Lee theatre, which plays a lot of Indy films.

At least the Cedar Lee finally upgraded the quality of butter on their popcorn. At the cinematheque you have to settle for the Act II microwave variety.