Inland Empire

I'm very curious if there were any articles on the cinematography for Inland Empire. All I know is that it was shot with the Sony PD 150 and that Lynch was one of the five or so camera ops on the shoot. I don't think the cinematographer was an ASC member, so would that also be a problem in having an articles in the magazine.

If anyone has any further info regarding the cinematography or rather digital cinematography on Inland Empire that would be great.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed how it looked based on the concept.

Thank you.

I'm very curious if there were any articles on the cinematography for Inland Empire. All I know is that it was shot with the Sony PD 150 and that Lynch was one of the five or so camera ops on the shoot. I don't think the cinematographer was an ASC member, so would that also be a problem in having an articles in the magazine.

If anyone has any further info regarding the cinematography or rather digital cinematography on Inland Empire that would be great.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed how it looked based on the concept.

Thank you.

There was a recent thread here:

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=19743

• 13 years later...

David Lynch was the cinematographer in this film, and I think it's radically different than any film ever made. I know many people find it bizarre, but I think this is the way films should be made, there shouldn't have to be an explanation for anything, it should break away from conventional structure that you see in mainstream films, to break away from the paradigm. When you see the film it feels like uncharted territory, things in the cinematic medium that haven't been fully explored. Maybe cinema can be something far more complex than just a three act story. I love the way the film looks, it's just incredibly unique.