OCT18 or OCT19 to Arri B-Mount?

Allen Achterberg

OCT18 or OCT19 to Arri B-Mount? Can this conversion be Done? The reason I ask, is because I have an Arriflex 35BL II, and am too Poor to really get some better Lenses, or throw a PL mount on it (Although there was one floating around on eBay not long ago for $750... :( ) and am curious on learning the possibility of using LOMO anamorphics with my BL II which stands with a B mount still.

thanks in advanced fellas.

Allen

• Premium Member
OCT18 or OCT19 to Arri B-Mount? Can this conversion be Done? The reason I ask, is because I have an Arriflex 35BL II, and am too Poor to really get some better Lenses, or throw a PL mount on it (Although there was one floating around on eBay not long ago for $750... :( ) and am curious on learning the possibility of using LOMO anamorphics with my BL II which stands with a B mount still.

thanks in advanced fellas.

Allen

Did you see this thread?

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=17799

Can't be done with a PL mount, so there's probably no way to do it with a B mount either (they have the same FFD). But you could buy the Lomos and have them remounted. I've heard that only the round front anamorphics can be remounted to PL (and presumably to B mount as well) -- maybe Olex can confirm that?

Did you see this thread?

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...showtopic=17799

Can't be done with a PL mount, so there's probably no way to do it with a B mount either (they have the same FFD). But you could buy the Lomos and have them remounted. I've heard that only the round front anamorphics can be remounted to PL (and presumably to B mount as well) -- maybe Olex can confirm that?

Did not see that thread. I'm not looking to adapt the lenses, I'd like to know if the can be remounted.

Much appreciated

Changing a set of lenses to Arri standard is likely to be more expensive than changing your camera to PL. I could not find anybody who would try to remount my SF Lomos to Arri mount, so I got a Konvas 2M to replace my Arri 2C.

I doubt it can be done with OCT-19, OCT-18 may work because of the smaller diameter. Remounting Lomo anamorphic primes to PL seems to be less of a problem, maybe Olexandr or Les Bosher could shed some more light on the subject...

Another cheap way of shooting anamorphic with your camera, provided you already have a set of excellent spherical lenses, might be buying a Foton-A anamorphic front and mount in in front of your lenses. No easy focus pulling, of course, but it depends on the type of movie you are doing.

Edited by Christian Appelt

• Premium Member
I got a Konvas 2M to replace my Arri 2C.

If you have a 2C you could have someone like Les Bosher make you a hard front in OCT-19 mount. Then you could swap the turrets out, depending on whether you were shooting a scope or spherical project. Of course, it would be a pain to have to calibrate the FFD each time you swapped mounts.

Or, I wonder if you could machine a 2C turret with an OCT-19 mount and a PL mount (or B-mount)? That would really open your lens choices up. The OCT-19 mount is probably too big for that though.

Or, I wonder if you could machine a 2C turret with an OCT-19 mount and a PL mount (or B-mount)? That would really open your lens choices up. The OCT-19 mount is probably too big for that though.

There were a couple of them on eBay not too long ago.

I know of someone in Atlanta who claims to have had aBLII with an OST-19 mount.

It was cheaper to change the mount on the camera than on all the lenses.

Apparently his ex business partner has it now.