The right eyebrow

post-178-1171233344.jpgpost-178-1171233318.jpgI have an Arri 4X4 swingaway Mattebox and have been trying to find The right eyebrow (french flag) for it. The plastic shade on the front doesn't appear to be strong enough to drill an attatchment to it to accept a century french flag. Does anyone the know the part number and how it attatches to the mattebox? I've been improvising with tape and cardboard and black foil but I'd like to have the real deal. Thanks for your input.

See http://www.arri.com/prod/cam/configuration...06_06_MB-16.pdf for the part numbers.

The flaps attach to the matte box through the screw discs on each of the sides of the matte box - loosen them to allow the flap notches to be placed around the screws, and then screw down the discs until the flaps are secure. The top flap can also be attached to the bottom of the matte box.

Edited by Jon Kukla

• 6 months later...
post-178-1171233344.jpgpost-178-1171233318.jpgI have an Arri 4X4 swingaway Mattebox and have been trying to find The right eyebrow (french flag) for it. The plastic shade on the front doesn't appear to be strong enough to drill an attatchment to it to accept a century french flag. Does anyone the know the part number and how it attatches to the mattebox? I've been improvising with tape and cardboard and black foil but I'd like to have the real deal. Thanks for your input.

This is an older style mattebox that uses a one piece eyebrow with the flip over side-flaps ( dog ears ).

You are correct in thinking the fiber cone of the box wouldn't bear the weight. you can use 2 french flags

and use the rods to mount to or have the grips set or " hollywood" a Flag.