ANY GOOD MOVIE STILLS DATABASE ???

Daniel Aranyo AEC

HEY EVERYONE !!

ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD LINK TO A DATABASE FOR MOVIE STILLS ? I AM PUTTING TOGETHER A VISUAL PORTFOLIO FOR A MOVIE I AM ABOUT TO SHOOT AND I FIND IT REALLY HARD TO LOCATE A GOOD WEBSITE OF THAT KIND.

PLEASE DON;T SAY IMDB, I MEAN GOOD RESOLUTION OR BIG ENOUGH MOVIE FRAMES..

I NEED HELP, PLEASE !! GOTTA TURN THIS VISUAL BOOK VERY SOON.

THANX !!

Hi Daniel, although I cannot answer your question, may I politely ask that you not type in CAPS? Typing with caps-locked is the equivalent to yelling, and can be distracting.

Thank you, and good luck on your visual portfolio. Have a nice day.

I'm not aware of a true "movie photo database", but here's a few ideas.

Are you looking to do some sort of query/filiter sort of thing, or do you have a list of films you want stills from?

If you have a list of films, then here's three quick ways to do it:

1. IMDB - pull up the movie and see if in the left-side nav menu it shows a link to an official website. Official sites usually have a still photo area.

2. Google on the movie name and look for reviews. Usually, there will be a photo or two along with the review. Or better yet, look for a movie review site and pull up reviews for the movies from your list.

3. Moviefone.com - pull up the movie and you should get a couple of photos.

If you are trying to find photos of films from a certain genre or release year or other to get a list of movies, use IMDB to do an advanced query for what you are looking for and then try 1,2 and/or 3 above.

Anyway, that's how I'd go about it.

John G.

It shouldn't be too hard to pull frame grabs off of a DVD through an NLE. It's not going to be great quality, but certainly a lot cleaner then the extremely compressed stills that are posted on the net. It will also give you flexability to choose which scenes you would like to use...