Vision2 200 T vs. Eterna 250 T

Robert Gardner

Hi there,

I will be shooting a short next week.

Our location is an old victorian theatre. We will be shooting low key lighting. Not 100 % sure about the setup yet. Will prob. use spotlights from above, and a follow spot.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone can tell me wether the new Eterna 250 T or the Vision2 200 T is a 'nicer' film in low light. I heard Fuji is more contrasty than Kodak? I was also wondering about the grain structure of both films. Will the Kodak stock be less grainy?

Maybe someone who used both stocks could give me some feedback on them.

Thanks a lot.

Rob

• Premium Member

I've used the new Eterna 250D and the Kodak Vision2 250D, so if that's an indication...

Probably Vision2 200T would be slightly finer-grained and sharper-looking, but not by much. The Eterna 250T will be slightly lower in contrast. I don't think it's a major difference though -- it would be hard to go wrong either way.

I've used the new Eterna 250D and the Kodak Vision2 250D, so if that's an indication...

Probably Vision2 200T would be slightly finer-grained and sharper-looking, but not by much. The Eterna 250T will be slightly lower in contrast. I don't think it's a major difference though -- it would be hard to go wrong either way.

Cheers David,

I will probably go with the 200 T. Just talked to Kodak, and it looks like I can score some free stock. They were more coming towards me, beieng a poor student and all.

I talked to some other people about the stocks, and they seem to be quite simmilar. Maybe as a pro you will be able to get more out of ech particular stock, as for me, I will go with the more (free) available stock.

Thanks