Panavision 2 year internship program?

Hello all,

During my many many hours of internet research on the subject of Cinematography Education, i've come across some very brief, vague descriptions of some sort of 2 year program offered by Panavision that trains and assists hopefuls wanting to break into the camera department. I am not sure if it's an internship, a post-graduation program of some sort or something else. The only thing I do know is that it exists and it is very difficult to find information on. Unfortunately, the people who have made references to this program on the internet have never listed their e-mail addresses for questions. There is no information on Panavison's website abut any such program.

Is there anyone who knows anything at all about this 2 year Panavision program? Has anyone even heard of the program? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Edited by Ryan Mhor

Ryan, this program runs out of the Hollywood Branch only. 323 464 3800 is thier number , call and ask for Cortney. I'm sure he can direct you in the right direction if it's still offered there.

Ric

Hello all,

During my many many hours of internet research on the subject of Cinematography Education, i've come across some very brief, vague descriptions of some sort of 2 year program offered by Panavision that trains and assists hopefuls wanting to break into the camera department. I am not sure if it's an internship, a post-graduation program of some sort or something else. The only thing I do know is that it exists and it is very difficult to find information on. Unfortunately, the people who have made references to this program on the internet have never listed their e-mail addresses for questions. There is no information on Panavison's website abut any such program.

Is there anyone who knows anything at all about this 2 year Panavision program? Has anyone even heard of the program? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

-Ryan

Ryan, this program runs out of the Hollywood Branch only. 323 464 3800 is thier number , call and ask for Cortney. I'm sure he can direct you in the right direction if it's still offered there.

Ric

Thanks for the information Ric. I just got off the phone with Cortney and he seems like a really nice guy. He gave me a ton of information. Apparently, even though Panavision does not advertise the program in any way, they still receive thousands of applications every year. It makes sense why it is hard to find information on the program. Do you know anyone Ric who went through the program that I could possibly contact to get some feedback on the interview process and everything? I talked to Cortney about his expectations, but it would be spectacular if I could contact someone who went through the program to see what they did to get there. Thanks again Ric, You have been most helpful.

-Ryan