Recently expired 5279, still good?

I've got sealed cans of 5279 that expire this monday, March 12, 2007.

Is this film still safe to shoot normally? I will be doing a snip test, but wondering if there's anything to worry about...

- George

• Premium Member
I've got sealed cans of 5279 that expire this monday, March 12, 2007.

Is this film still safe to shoot normally? I will be doing a snip test, but wondering if there's anything to worry about...

- George

Kodak normally does not put an expiration date on professional motion picture film products.

Older film may suffer age effects such as loss of speed and contrast. Even with refrigeration, natural radiation can fog film over a long period of time. If you suspect the film has been improperly handled or stored (e.g., subjected to heat or x-rays), a clip test is highly advised. Older films are automatically pulled from Kodak's distribution channels when testing shows aging effects.

Kodak normally does not put an expiration date on professional motion picture film products.

Older film may suffer age effects such as loss of speed and contrast. Even with refrigeration, natural radiation can fog film over a long period of time. If you suspect the film has been improperly handled or stored (e.g., subjected to heat or x-rays), a clip test is highly advised. Older films are automatically pulled from Kodak's distribution channels when testing shows aging effects.

It's good to see you posting again John!