RED annonces prices on accessories

Eirik Tyrihjel

• Premium Member
Do you need more people besides you, to deal with me?

I don't need anybody else to deal with cowards like you.

Cesar Rubio.

Thanks again, Cesar, for sharing your brilliant insights on cinematography, as well as your impressive display of maturity and class.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again, Cesar, for sharing your brilliant insights on cinematography, as well as your impressive display of maturity and class.

And ALL the garbage in this topic towards the Red Camera and Jim Jannard, was cinematography "insight"?

How come you only see what others do...but are blind with you stupidity?

What class, do cowards like you and Ken have?

Maturity? don't make me laugh please.... :lol:

Cesar Rubio.

Why don't you grow up, and quit this childish name calling.

You know what?...I don't have time to "discuss" and waste my time with guys like you, that have to much

time in their hands...and little to non, working and productive ideas.

If it wasn't that I am waiting for the other coward response, I would close my case here. But with you, I am done!

Cesar Rubio.

This situation has officially earned the status of soap opera. I have received several Emails since yesterday, asking me if Jim Jannard threatened me with legal action. Maybe these people were trying to warn me, or they possibly had nothing better to do with their time.

Let me set the record straight for anyone who thinks Mr. Jannard is making threats. He has in no way threatened me. He asked me why I had written what I had in a few posts, and he told me that he was bothered by it. He told me that he loves filmmaking and that he is passionate about this project. On that note, I offered him my apology for the unfriendly words, and I offered to post my apology on this site if that would assuage his concerns. He thanked me for the gesture, and then he offered me an invitation to check out his new camera. He was a perfect gentleman in spite of my inconsiderate posts.

That is all of it. There is nothing intriguing about any of this, so my suggestion is that you all let it go. His camera will be available for testing very soon, at which point the mystery will have been put to rest.

As for you, Cesar, I have met some ignorant dolts in my time, but never one with the uncanny ability to display it with such arrogance. Your propensity for violent outbursts is obviously the result of your not having the intellectual and emotional capacity to manage anything more than tying your shoelaces.

I want to make something very clear to you, so listen carefully. If you want to threaten me, I will be in attendance at NAB. My photo is on my website, so it shouldn't be that difficult for even you to find me. If and when that meeting takes place, I welcome you to make these threats to my face. If that option doesn't appeal to you, then I strongly suggest that you shut the f--k up and stay as far away from me as possible. I hope for your sake that I have made myself clear.

He was a perfect gentleman in spite of my inconsiderate posts.

Wow...we'll learning something here!

That is all of it. There is nothing intriguing about any of this, so my suggestion is that you all let it go. His camera will be available for testing very soon, at which point the mystery will have been put to rest.

As for you, Cesar, I have met some ignorant dolts in my time, but never one with the uncanny ability to display it with such arrogance. Your propensity for violent outbursts is obviously the result of your not having the intellectual and emotional capacity to manage anything more than tying your shoelaces.

I want to make something very clear to you, so listen carefully. If you want to threaten me, I will be in attendance at NAB. My photo is on my website, so it shouldn't be that difficult for even you to find me. If and when that meeting takes place, I welcome you to make these threats to my face. If that option doesn't appeal to you, then I strongly suggest that you shut the f--k up and stay as far away from me as possible. I hope for your sake that I have made myself clear.

I thought that you were the one with the "capacity to manage.... tying your shoelaces" since your accident on your back.

But it seems that you are a "man" enough, to let me know where and when you will be.

I am in Cambridge WI BTW...you want my phone #?

Please don't lose sleep over this, I have better thing to do. Like working on my own projects!

I am trembling..... you made it very clear, oh my God, how am I going to sleep tonight?.. :lol:

With this, I close my case here:

Ken you are a COWARD, and your apologies don't take away that from you...grow some balls instead, and next time that you want to open your hole to let out some stupid words...think twice!

Cesar Rubio.

Gentlemen ! You can't murder each other in here, this is the Red Room !

-General J.D. Ripper, Ret

It's went from the red planet to the twilight zone. I'm pretty convinced that this guy, in spite of his elaborate website, is a troll. He can't be for real.

It's went from the red planet to the twilight zone. I'm pretty convinced that this guy, in spite of his elaborate website, is a troll. He can't be for real.

He's upset because you apologized to Jim and not him. Don't know what you said, and don't care, not my fight. But...

He offers to meet you, when you take him up on it, he suddenly has work to do?

Suddenly hicksville WI is to far on the other side of the world from Las Vegas?

Riiiiiiight. I get it.

Sorry, I usually just read this stuff, but this was too much, lol. TROLL for sure.

This situation has officially earned the status of soap opera.

My thoughts earlier this morning... didn't post that. But maybe I should have...

That's why this thread is fun to read... but let's be nice here... we don't need to call each other out for fights...

• Premium Member

Glad that some people still see humor in this, personally I find these macho threats incredibly annoying. They certainly have nothing to do on a forum like this and I feel they should be erased and Cesar kicked off.

I know that I am running the risk of encouraging Cesar, but he is either the knothead that he appears, or he is a comic genius. Even his website has the faintest scent of troll on it.

I can already see Jannard rolling his eyes at my little conspiracy theory. What the hell. I'm always up for provoking a little comic relief. It's not as though "Cesar Rubio" - sounds like a name that a debt collector would make up - didn't ask for it.

this thread is a riot!

i would surly hope that an actual altercation never takes place for the sake of Mr. Rubio! In my experience, climbers like Mr. Cangi are in serious, serious physical condition. afterall it was climber Mark Twight who got those 300 chiseled Spartans looking like ...well.. chiseled Spartans!

on a side and back to the RED topic, the prospect of that kind of resolution and technology being available to to the masses in the near future is exciting! but story triumphs technology, so i fear there will be just a lot more ultra-rez so-so films flooding the market, no?

but seriously, i'm not an expert with digital cams, but whats stopping camera mfg's from just taking their 3, 4, 5 , 6 or 7 megapixel still cameras and having them snap 24, 60 or ever 150 frames a second?

(other than obviously rendering the heavily marketed expensive "heavy iron" cam's useless).

• Premium Member
but seriously, i'm not an expert with digital cams, but whats stopping camera mfg's from just taking their 3, 4, 5 , 6 or 7 megapixel still cameras and having them snap 24, 60 or ever 150 frames a second?

I'm sure the people at RED or Dalsa could tell you better... basically processing speed, making sensors free of defects and able to charge and discharge so quickly, and dealing with the increase in data all around, from processing (as mentioned) to recording / storage. And doing all of this in a form factor that isn't unwieldly and huge. Ten years ago, I think it was, I was reading about the Lockheed/Martin 4K movie camera being tested for military use -- I think it had three 8x10-sized sensors for RGB and was the size of a Volkswagon...