HD training in the UK

Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody knows of any short (prob 1-5 days) HD training courses in the UK?

I've been browsing SkillSet and a couple of other sites (rental places etc) recently looking for some but all I can find is a proliferation of Z1 courses and any 'proper' HD courses I've come across are only open to experienced DigiBeta/Film operators and DPs.

I'm looking for courses that covers the HDCam and/or Varicam (and Pro100) and that will offer a good grounding into shooting on these cameras. (NB: I shoot on DSR-570 so not completely unfamiliar with the form factor)

Any pointers would be greaty appreciated and if they're subsidised for freelancers that's even better ;)

Many thanks

Matt

Hey Morgan,

re the VMI courses.. as I mentioned in my original post...

"Due to the level of this course, only experienced Digi Beta camera operators and DOPs should apply."

"only experienced film camera operators and DOPs need apply."

:(

For some reason I didn't notice the NFTS one last time I looked on there tho but unfortunatly "The Freelance rate for this course has been subsidised by Skillset?s Film Skills Fund, in order to qualify for this rate you must have been working predominantly in the ?film sector? of the UK industry for the past two years." and I've been in factual TV, I'll look into it tho thank you :)

Hi,

Thing is though if you phone them maybe they are not as strict as they seem on their website...you never know if subscription levels are lower they might accept you?

Phone them and 'negotiate' is what I would do!

Will do! Cheers :)

Some of the rental companies have been running one day courses on the HDW 750.

It's worth applying to the NFTS short course, if you don't get on the first time they'll know you're interested and it can increase your chances the second time around.