MINI 35 DOF lens adapter P+S technik patent link

alfredoparra

want to take a look at the inside of the very expensive over priced mini 35 DOF HD video camera lens

P+S technik adapter here is the link

http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT709...chnik&jtp=1

pass it around for all the guys that are building there own! you cant copy to market this adapter but you can copy it for your own use! have fun!

Guest david west

sometimes what at first seems "very expensive over priced" isnt as bad as you think.

it took a lot of RandD time to determine the size, motor, prism location etc....

but you also have to realize that this isnt a mass produced plastic item.

i would bet you that if PS tech GAVE you the plans and you took these plans to a machinist (60 dollars an hour or more) you would be suprised at just how much the end product cost you to build.

then, after you built one you would still have to be able to sell it for a price that bhphoto, ablecine or anyone else could still add to your price and make a profit.

ie- they are expensive, but they are also well built and even if you had your own machine tools (i do) i think that you would find that making something to the level of precision required by optics get very expensive.

if you want cheap, there are several "knock offs" out there right now. but if you read closely they all seem to have focus problems or at least durability problems. they simply are not nearly as well built.

if you want to gather a gear, cast and crew for a film that is where the $$$$ starts to add up. are you sure that you really want to bother trying to replicate a precision instrument from a rough sketch?

anyway, some of the clone forums would give you a much more detailed view of the inside.... FWIW

I mean over priced for me, my buget! im not speaking for the public, I dident mean to start an arguement

the reason why I looked up the patent was because I read threads that said there was no patent and people think they can copy and market a copy right protected product! I used this device and I think it preforms very well with the exception of not being able to remove the prime lens, for some reason it gets stuck and you have to beat it off! other then that its a great invention although you dident invent it you just prefected it! I cant afford one, if I could I would buy it but for $7000.00 I will shoot super 16 film and get a better picture. Now reading what some one else posted about cleaning it, its never crossed my mind because I rented it. Well I do understand that the achromat and prisims cost alot of money and thats why the price is up there, its okay to make a profit but at that price your robbing me! I think I will continue to stick to film rather then buy HD garbage! $4500 for a hd cam and $7000 for a lens adapter with no lens! :huh: something is wrong with this picture!