P+S Technik 35Mini Converter

Robert Gardner

Hi there,

I will be shooting a Short next month on a Sony Z-1 with the P+S 35Mini Converter.

I was just wondering if anyone has shot with this particular converter befor?

Are there any things I have to look out for, like loss of light?

I was also concidering using a movie tube, could anyone explane the difference between those two converters?

Thanks a lot,

Rob

Hello Robert,

I was "loader" (well P2Cards) on a video clip, we were shooting with a HVX200 + PS Technik 35 Mini Converter mounted with Cooke S4's (T:2). Our DP approximated the sensibility of the whole system of around 64 ISO fully open (Recording mode 720pN, cine-like gamma, shutter 1/50, 0dB).

The DP first choice was the Zeiss SuperSpeed (T1.4) but unfortunately the set wasn't available for the shooting... Sure this extra stop would have been welcomed!

I hope this helps.

Eden.

Hello Robert,

I was "loader" (well P2Cards) on a video clip, we were shooting with a HVX200 + PS Technik 35 Mini Converter mounted with Cooke S4's (T:2). Our DP approximated the sensibility of the whole system of around 64 ISO fully open (Recording mode 720pN, cine-like gamma, shutter 1/50, 0dB).

The DP first choice was the Zeiss SuperSpeed (T1.4) but unfortunately the set wasn't available for the shooting... Sure this extra stop would have been welcomed!

I hope this helps.

Eden.

So I guess you would loose around 2, or 2.5 Stops.

Thanks a lot,

Rob