I Need Battery Advice For My Arri-BLEQ =)

Curtis Johnson

Hello Friends,

I've Been Reading All Your Posts For Quite Sometime, But This Is My First Official Post =).

I Recently Acquired An Arri-BLEQ And I Need To Get A Battery For It.

Are There Any That You Would Recomend?

I Was Looking At The Bescor 12 Volt Battery Belt, Are These Any Good?

Also, I'm From Los Angeles So If You Know Of A Place Local That Sells Them, That Would Be Even Better.

Thanks So Much For Your Help Everyone,

~CJ

If you have a 12 volt camera, the possibilities are endless. You could use a lot of different batteries. I depends on how you feel about weight, and how long you want the batteries to last. If you want to go with a cheap option, get a 12 volt lead acid battery, put a fuse and an XLR connector on it and drop it in some sort of container (pelican's are great). You could get a battery with anywhere from 4.5 amp/hours for $25 to one that has 30 amp/hours for $100+. Also remember that the more amp/hours, the heavier it is as well.

• Premium Member
Hello Friends,

Also, I'm From Los Angeles So If You Know Of A Place Local That Sells Them, That Would Be Even Better.

Thanks So Much For Your Help Everyone,

~CJ

Hi Curtis,

Try Victory Cine Battery Corp. in Burbank area: http://victorycinevideobattery.com/index.htm

Just be sure to get the proper voltage. I know many of the Arris have 8.3 volt motors, though some later models are 12 volt. Running 12 volts through the 8.3 motor may work for a while but this can damage the motor. In either case, Victory will be able to make the right battery for you.

Fran

• Premium Member
Hi Curtis,

Try Victory Cine Battery Corp. in Burbank area: http://victorycinevideobattery.com/index.htm

Just be sure to get the proper voltage. I know many of the Arris have 8.3 volt motors, though some later models are 12 volt. Running 12 volts through the 8.3 motor may work for a while but this can damage the motor. In either case, Victory will be able to make the right battery for you.

Fran

Fran,

Have you dealt with them? Their web page is scary. Tons of typos, words left out. I thought, since they mention they just moved, that maybe they threw a page up in a hurry without having time to check everything. Then I read that they moved back in 2005. I hope their batteries are better than their web page.

-Tim

• Premium Member
Fran,

Have you dealt with them? Their web page is scary. Tons of typos, words left out. I thought, since they mention they just moved, that maybe they threw a page up in a hurry without having time to check everything. Then I read that they moved back in 2005. I hope their batteries are better than their web page.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

I've had them build two belts for my Arri S/Bs, one 8.3 volt and on 12 volt (for use with a Tobin 12v motor). They did a really great job and I've never had any problems with the belts.

-Fran