Filter adapter for Zeiss Zoom 10-100mm T3

Eugene Sung

I have a Zeiss Zoom 10-100mm T3 which we are using for some documentary, run and gun style shooting.

The problem is, the lens does NOT have threads to put on lens style filters, and we need to use a Polarizer as we're shooting lots of oceans and landscapes.

It came with an old school adapter that basically clips on around the lens area, but it only allows 3x3 filters and does NOT have a ring for a Polarizer.

I know we can use a Matte Box style set-up, but we need something really light and mobile as we're running around in the middle of nowhere for one month, and the Matte Box option is a little pricey at this point.

Can you guys think of anything that will adapt to my Zeiss zoom (or how to rig some thing together) that will basically clip on or screw on around the end of the lens barrel that has an adapter ring that will allow me to use lens style filters?

Thanks

• Premium Member

One of the filter companies makes a that has a ring with 3 or 4 screws that clamp down on the lens barrel. In front of that it has filter threads. I forget which company makes it but a good search of B&H should find it.

Guest Ian Marks

I'm pretty sure that Tiffen supplied a clamp on Series 9 adapter for this lens, and that might be what Chris is referring to. These have three knurled screws that you use to tighten around the front of the lens, and you use drop-in filters and a threaded retaining ring or lens shade from there on out. These show up on Ebay from time to time... I believe (but I'm not absolutely positive) that they have an "S" designation, such as S86, to indicated a clamp-on filter adapter for a lens with a barrel diameter of 86mm. A call to Tiffen might be in order.

Guest Ian Marks
Yes Tiffen makes this slip-on adapter,and also Schneider. The correct Tiffen designation is 80sslr9 for 80mm outside diameter lens to series 9 adapter. I'm not sure but I think the Zeiss has 80mm front(double check this).

A quick search found this:

http://www.enggadgets.com/s.nl/it.A/id.282...p;category=8070

That's it! I'd snag one of those while they're still available - it will be money well spent.

• Premium Member

Hello Eugene Sung,

The Zeiss 10-100 T*3 zoom uses a 75SSLR-9 step up adapter.

The 80SSLR-9 is for the 10-100 T2 Mark1.

Best regards,

Ken Hale