Assembling a surprise for John Pytlak

This is a surprise for John P., so John, if you're reading this, skip this topic, please, and read no further.

(highlight the text below to read it)

As I'm sure most of you have read already, John Pytlak is terminally ill with cancer. John's been very active in the industry and on this site, and has helped a lot of people.

In concert with film-tech.com, a projectionist's forum where John was very active, I'm putting together a surprise gift for John. If you have words, thoughts, or a picture to share, please e-mail me, preferably by Tuesday the 29th at the latest. I'll be happy to share more details of what is planned offline, to avoid ruining the surprise.

Please send anything you've got to me at jhawk@mit.edu.

Thanks.

John Hawkinson

jhawk@mit.edu

Thanks to everyone who participated! And thank you so much, John Pytlak, for being who you are.

We got over 200 responses. They filled three 30"x40" posters, mounted on boards. Those boards were shipped yesterday to John, and were delivered this morning at 10:16am, Eastern.

You can view a PDF file of what we sent.

Thanks, everyone.

• Premium Member
Thanks to everyone who participated! And thank you so much, John Pytlak, for being who you are.

We got over 200 responses. They filled three 30"x40" posters, mounted on boards. Those boards were shipped yesterday to John, and were delivered this morning at 10:16am, Eastern.

You can view a PDF file of what we sent.

Thanks, everyone.

My family and I am overwhelmed with the hundreds of good wishes and memories that John Hawkinson was able to gather from my friends on the Internet. Today, a large DHL package arrived on our doorstep. It contained three large mounted posters with kind words and photos from friends on Cinematography.com and other Internet groups that I participate on.

This unexpected surprise brought great happiness and comfort to me and my family, knowing that we are not alone in our current struggle, and that the times that I have been able to help someone on the Internet are long appreciated. Even beyond the contributions to the wonderful posters, the personal notes, cards, and even gifts from my friends here on Cinematography.com and other groups have been very thoughtful.

Thanks to you all. Again, keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

John Pytlak

Eastman Kodak Company

175 Hillrise Drive

Penfield, New York USA 14526-1648

My family and I am overwhelmed with the hundreds of good wishes and memories that John Hawkinson was able to gather from my friends on the Internet. Today, a large DHL package arrived on our doorstep. It contained three large mounted posters with kind words and photos from friends on Cinematography.com and other Internet groups that I participate on.

This unexpected surprise brought great happiness and comfort to me and my family, knowing that we are not alone in our current struggle, and that the times that I have been able to help someone on the Internet are long appreciated. Even beyond the contributions to the wonderful posters, the personal notes, cards, and even gifts from my friends here on Cinematography.com and other groups have been very thoughtful.

Thanks to you all. Again, keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

John Pytlak

Eastman Kodak Company

175 Hillrise Drive

Penfield, New York USA 14526-1648

John, don't be surprised if that isn't the last of it ;-)