Black light lighting?

xenocide4114

hello all,

got a director im shooting for in a few weeks that wants to attempt the light an entire sceen with black lighting. I have never even tried or attmpted such an intiresting feet. Anyway, can existing light meters actually meter black lights or spot meters? Iwas thinking of using the black lights to iluminate florecent paints and using a a tungsten light colored to match that deep color of the black light for the actors. Intirested to see if anyone else has tried this.

dan

I have only used black light in conjunction with standard lighting. It has worked very well. I usually just eye ball it. You might try shooting your set up with a digital camera set to match your film and camera specifications.

Use a UV filter on the lens. Your incident meter won't work, so use your spot meter. But remember that the spot reading will place the object at zone V. So if you have an actor wearing a white t-shirt under the black light, spot the shirt and open up to put the glowing shirt in zone VIII to X or wherever you want it. I actually just shot some tests but haven't seen the results yet.