AC vs ICG?

• Premium Member
I just subscribed to AC and was wondering what ICG magizine has to offer that AC dose not, Do they cover a lot of the same info?

They occasionally cover the same movie but they also cover different movies in each issue in each month. And even when they cover the same movie, the info or the emphasis is sometimes different in the article. AC tends to be less Hollywood union-centric in terms of the movies covered.

• Upvote 1

I am not in 600 and don't get ICG, but the times I have read it, either articles online or an assitant has brought it to work, I have felt ICG will put in more detail about how something was achieved. AC may gloss over some of those facts or doesn't go deep enough, but may have a focus on the imagery throughout the whole movie instead.

Just my impression.

Best

Tim

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

AC magazine focuses more with the DP side of things in terms of only interviewing the DP and/or director. its really a great magazine. ICG however is more focused on the camera side of things. ICG is actually a great read. It's union funded so if you're are a camera geek then you'll like this one. talks more about working with union member and supporting everyone in the work place. They take time to interview not only the DP but in many cases the operators and the ACs. they also have a good gear review section. plus its a much higher quality print and they also take time to do spots on young up and coming cinematographers. I get both and i love both. But i'm in 600.... so i pay a LOT more for my subscription :-P

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

hi guys,

any way of getting ICG on the ipad? I live in Switzerland so no chance of ordering by mail, the AC is on the ipad mag. store, I thought maybe someone knows where to find icg for ipad...

sent them numerous emails and still no reply about this..no online subscription!

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...