Big and Rich Unplugged

Hey everyone, Big and Rich on the Great American Country channel (GAC) has been airing.

We shot it here in Minneapolis at Myth Nightclub, 7 cameras including Lawrence Boothby

on Dolly, and we also had a 24 Remote Jib. Shoot turned out great!! If you get a chance

check it out it will be airing for awhile yet I think.

I was originally supposed to work as a cam op, then it turned out no one was available to grip

the hybrid 3 dolly. I used one a lot in school but it had been about 5 years, so I was a last minute

fix.

My company, Alpha Video, was in charge of getting all of the equipment together, and hiring local crew for the production Co. from LA. During the setup Larry walked over to me, here comes the out of town cam op I thought, hopefully he's not dissapointed in my rustyness. I told him straight up where I was at and instead of being frustrated he dived into to teaching me all about it, how to level track, build the dolly, communications, movement, helping him frame with anticipation and using the monitor. I didn't know who he was, but I knew I was working with a real professional, getting knocked off camera was the best thing that could have happened to me on that shoot, sure would have been great for the demo, but I'll take the great education any day. I checked out his website afterwards, he's been around.

I was really proud of the job I did, and looking in my monitor at Larry's camera work I was humbled.

I have bts pics up on myspace if interested.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendid=5814369

Hey Bill, it was the biggest setup I've been apart of on a production.

We shot it all live, for about 3.5 hours with a break before the encore.

Sony D50's and 35's.

I miss color correcting on the 2K quite a bit, I saw Sue the other day,

things are a little different over there now I'll PM ya about that.

I'm still doing a lot of editing/graphics, FCP, AE and Avid DS Nitris, so I get the best

of both worlds, production and post, I don't think I could ever go with

all of one or the other, I like em both too much. I still get to color correct,

just not like I used to. It's like playing hockey at the exel center and then going

to an outdoor rec rink.