Famous movies shot on Kinors

Does anyone know off hand what if any notable films were shot with Kinor 35 H or 35C s ? It would have been from I guess 1985 till today, any film where the Kinor was the A camera. B)

The many films with Kinor-35H, 35S shot at " Odessa cinema studio " ( Odessa, Ukraine ).

Guest Frederico Dichiara

I just know of one swedish film shot with the Kinor 35H and that would be "Frostbite" (Vampire flick).

The homepage is still up and running where there is a trailer as well. Google it!

Frederico

• Premium Member

That was a 2-perf converted Kinor they used in Frostbite. Anders Banke, the director, has a long history of importing and improving Russian gear for the west (he speaks fluent Russian, which helps). He also makes an electronic board upgrade to the Kinor that's well worth checking out - the original electronics are pretty bad. Or if you want it converted to 2-perf, he's the man to talk to.

I've corresponded with Anders a few times, he seems cool. I'm positive there must have been some famous or at least notable Russian directors that have used these as well and made films of some note during the Soviet era and after though. I did a search on IMDB and got a few hits, one feature, but many films don't list the cameras used so I know there are more there that I just can't find. I would be very interested in what the Soviet block filmmakers did with these cameras as well as the Western folks. B)

I did a search on IMDB and got a few hits, one feature, but many films don't list the cameras used so I know there are more there that I just can't find. I would be very interested in what the Soviet block filmmakers did with these cameras as well as the Western folks. B)

IMDB is not always accurate. For example they say Andrei Rublev was shot with a Konvas.....it was shot with a Soyuz (sp?). Production pics back this up.

COME AND SEE was partially shot with a Konvas for mos shots and I can only imagine a Kinor was also used. They had to record sound some way...

-Jonnie

Does anyone know what cameras Aleksandr Sokurov was using during the 80s? Seems like it might be a good bet he used Kinors on Odinokiy golos cheloveka sense it was made in 87. What are some other great Russian and Ukrainian directors from the 80s and 90s? Maybe I can reverse engineer this puppy and figure out who had some hits at the time these cameras were being used in the Soviet Union, then conferm whether or not they were using Kinors on their shoots. B)